• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

keywizzle

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
Link to your ban or your com block:
Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
I was banned for "advertising hacks", yet I never did advertise any link or name to any real hack. I understand there is a rule against advertising hacks "even as a joke", yet I believe that this doens't fall into that category, and this is why:
I think the instance in which the admin refers to me advertising hacks is when I said in text chat: "www.aimbot.com" after a few players on the enemy team accused me of cheating in voice chat (one of the players actually named a cheat that they thought I was using, which I believe does violate the advertising hacks rule, as they named a real cheat in front of everyone, but that's besides the point). The reason that saying "www.aimbot.com" does not violate the advertising hacks rule, even as a joke, is because not only does the domain not exist, but a majority of the people will immediately know that it isn't a real link, therefore it wouldn't cause disruption of play or convince anyone to try and download a hack from a domain that doesn't even exist.
I would understand the motives for my ban if I mentioned a real cheat in text/voice chat, but simply saying "www.aimbot.com" in chat couldn't possibly lead to any negative actions towards the server.
This is really the only TF2 server I play on because it has decent ping, instant respawn, a relatively nice community, etc.
Please consider unbanning me, I would greatly appreciate it.​

Biggie

Forum Admin
Contributor
Your link redirects to actual aimbot websites, which could lead someone to downloading hacks for team fortress 2.

I will unban you, but only if you reconsider typing those links, even as a joke.

keywizzle

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
Your link redirects to actual aimbot websites, which could lead someone to downloading hacks for team fortress 2.

I will unban you, but only if you should reconsider typing those links, even as a joke.
Thank you for replying so quickly. I do see that the links provided on the website redirect to a list of links that could provide a cheat, so I do understand your point. I apologize, and I will absolutely refrain from mentioning any real/fake links in the future, even as a joke, because I do see that it can lead to negative actions. Thank you.

Biggie

Forum Admin
Contributor
Okay, you have been unbanned

Make sure to read the server rules just in case you think something might be against the rules, and won't cause you to break them.

Have a nice day.

иιgнт вℓα∂є

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Sorry, bit late to this thread and really doesn't matter, however...

There's a couple players who go after keywizzle every time he plays, it's constant harassment and what he did was not right, but still I know key well enough to know he was just joking around.