1. If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

Resolved Appeal: FlyingRabidUnicornPig

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by FlyingRabidUnicornPig, Nov 7, 2018.

1. FlyingRabidUnicornPig

FlyingRabidUnicornPig Scarcely Lethal Noob

Steam:

Link to your ban or your com block:
    Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
    I was seemingly banned for no reason. The only message I got was that I could "Appeal at skial.com"

However, after a little digging, it seems that some users have been banned for using VPNs. I was using TorGuard VPN on a Seattle IP but I have been using this VPN and connecting to skial servers for over a year, so I assumed it was alright. In fact, from a quick look at the rules here and I don't see anything specifically against VPNs.

I'm assuming I may have been automatically banned for using a VPN IP that was used by a recently banned player?

If VPN bans are now a thing, can I ask that it is clarified in the rules? If it was explained on the MOTD, I have that disabled for performance reasons, and would not have seen it. Either way, I will try to remember not to use the VPN while connecting to your servers from now on, so we don't have to go through this mess again :tonguewink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice