• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

dempton :)

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Link to your ban or your com block:
Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
Okay I hope that is a link to my ban. Hey, so I one day when returning to tf2 tried to play on your guy's servers and it said I was IP banned. so i talked to my brother about it and apparently he used cheats on it, His name is Wyran. If you look at our steam accounts it's obvious I'm a separate person.

I would hope you could just ban his account and unban my account please :D?

Here is wyran's ( my brother) ban .
https://www.skial.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=Wyran&advType=name

Fenix

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Since steam accounts are free and tf2 is free to play, we must ban all accounts from your connection since we can't know who controls what account.

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Okay but couldn't I just change my IP if I was actually the same guy who hacked? Your reasoning doesn't make sense because my steam account isn't free you can see how much stuff I own on it. It's actually free to just change my IP. What is stopping me from changing my IP and creating a new steam account? why make me go through the hassle?

Fenix

TF2 Admin
Contributor
my steam account isn't free
ALL steam accounts are free, just because you bought things on it does not mean it is not free to create. We are stopping your "brother" from making a new FREE account and downloading the FREE game they like to cheat on and coming into OUR servers and ruining the fun for everyone else.
What is stopping me from changing my IP and creating a new steam account? why make me go through the hassle?
Because then we will mark your entire ISP as a proxy in our system which will continually kick you unless you have leveled up your steam account (which means spending at least 5 bucks on it) and have it public, and then we'll just ban you again for dodging.

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Yeah but that's assuming I'm cheating on the new IP. You wouldn't have any idea what my new IP or steam account is lol. I have no interest in cheating on your servers, that's what you fail to realize. But i understand you doing your hobby keeping the servers protected. I hope you find a lot of enjoyment in life.

Fenix

TF2 Admin
Contributor
You wouldn't have any idea what my new IP or steam account is lol
I don't have to, I know your ISP and I have our server connection logs. Not hard to see new accounts from the same ISP.
Yeah but that's assuming I'm cheating on the new IP
I have no interest in cheating on your servers, that's what you fail to realize.
I never said it was you cheating, you said it was your brother. Doesn't matter if you want to cheat or not, what it boils down to is we know a cheater came from your connection. Since emails, steam accounts, and tf2 are all free, it is very easy to make more. To dissuade that and save a lot of headache we IP ban. We have lots of fun toys and methods to get IP dodgers as well but I won't be going into that for obvious reasons.
I hope you find a lot of enjoyment in life.
I have a great life thanks, have fun beating the snot out of your brother for cheating and screwing you up.