• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

ChimneyChonga

Unremarkable User
Link to your ban or your com block:
Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
I believe I was unfairly given the permanent penalty, the reason given is that I was banned for vote/report abusing, which the admin had gotten 100% right. I was vote and report abusing, but I had only abused the votemenu unfairly two times and the report once. Now I did use the report function a second time, but it was completely fair use for the person I reported was false vote spamming my friend Clendo (The context is that we went on a server and pretended to be another user named “dahacker2018” as a joke, and he was getting annoyed at this joke since a large portion of the server was naming themselves after him. But what happened was one user named “The Holy Shit” kept on abusing the vote system by falsely voting to mute “dahacker” and got muted. So then later “dahacker” kept on voting to mute my friend, mind you all my friend was doing was saying stuff like “I am the real dahacker” and was trying to advertise his items in the chat. So I saw this as “dahacker” abusing the votemenu, since the reason he was voting for Clendo’s mute was not only for racism and not spam, in which Clendo did not say one thing even considered slightly racist, but Clendo wasn’t spamming the voice chat either regardless). So anyways I vote reported dahacker for false vote spam, in which he got the admin “Kael” on the server who proceeded to permanently silence me. I do not believe that I deserve to have my silence completely revoke because as I’ve stated I did abuse the votemenu and votereport functions, but I do believe the term of the ban should atleast be shortened down to a month or even a year.​

ChimneyChonga

Unremarkable User
Sorry for any grammatical errors or parts where it doesn’t make sense, let me know if there is something in there I need to clear up.

Kael

TF2 Admin
Contributor
The permanent silence is due to the excessive rule breaking as seen in the bans and comms section of SB

Your friend was indeed spamming as he was continuously talking over the few people that were trying to trade, as you and your two other friends were as well. After several warnings, you and your friends were either muted or silenced appropriately.

The vote against your friend was not vote abuse since he was spamming, despite having the incorrect offence type.

I'm glad you can admit what you did was wrong, however that and the excessive rule breaking assures me you know you're breaking the rules and don't actually care until you're caught. I'm denying your appeal for now.

I suggest you appeal again sometime in the future when you've decided you want to follow some simple rules.

ChimneyChonga

Unremarkable User
I appreciate you taking the time to read this Kael, and I understand the reason you rated it as invalid, but I did want to clear up most times I was comms banned (as I assume you are referencing) were due to people abusing the votemenu system on me. And also I would like to say I didn't realize my friend was talking over people trying to advertise because the voice channel in general was quite chaotic, and I do apologize for getting that mixed that up. I hope you have a wondrous day!

Kael

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Your commblock has been reduced to a month. I apologize as I have made an error on the length of your punishment.

ChimneyChonga

Unremarkable User
Thank you so much Kael! I really do appreciate this a lot! Thank you for helping me out with this and I will be sure to not to be an idiot when on Skial servers and I'll abide the rules more often, have a nice day!