1. If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

Resolved Appeal: Bob 232

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Bob 232, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Bob 232

Bob 232 Scarcely Lethal Noob

Steam:

Link to your ban or your com block:
    Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
    I looked under why I was permanently banned (which I had no idea of, by the way) and it turns out I was banned for having a new steam id from a banned IP. I actually don't know how I got IP banned to begin with, but as for me changing my steam id, I just wanted a cooler sounding steam id when people go to my profile. It wasn't made to get around a ban. I would like a reason as to why I am IP banned. Since I like to trade, being unable to go onto popular servers limits my ability to trade with other players.​

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Jermaphobe

Jermaphobe Moderator Contributor Legendary Mapper

Steam:

3. ArayhMD

ArayhMD TF2 Admin Contributor

Steam:

You were banned because you connected from the same IP address as https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198838661737 which was a throwaway VPN-using hacker that came back with 100+ steam accounts on the Skial servers a year ago, all with similar names and using a different IP address.

The IP address you used in question is a hosting/proxy/VPN IP address which the hacker used.

Steam is currently down so I can't investigate the 2 steam accounts. Kael can address this further when Steam is back online.

4. Kael

Kael TF2 Admin Contributor

Steam:

I do not see any correlation between you and the banned account. Your ban will be removed but I suggest you do not connect from this IP or your account will be automatically banned again.

5. Bob 232

Bob 232 Scarcely Lethal Noob

Steam:

Thank you. For the record, I used to use a vpn with Windscribe because I couldn't play on my regular wifi for some reason. And I didn't know the firewall settings since im not the network admin. I've stopped using the vpn now, but thank you for the heads up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice