• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

Bob 232

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Link to your ban or your com block:
Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
I looked under why I was permanently banned (which I had no idea of, by the way) and it turns out I was banned for having a new steam id from a banned IP. I actually don't know how I got IP banned to begin with, but as for me changing my steam id, I just wanted a cooler sounding steam id when people go to my profile. It wasn't made to get around a ban. I would like a reason as to why I am IP banned. Since I like to trade, being unable to go onto popular servers limits my ability to trade with other players.​

ArayhMD

TF2 Admin
Contributor
You were banned because you connected from the same IP address as https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198838661737 which was a throwaway VPN-using hacker that came back with 100+ steam accounts on the Skial servers a year ago, all with similar names and using a different IP address.

The IP address you used in question is a hosting/proxy/VPN IP address which the hacker used.

Steam is currently down so I can't investigate the 2 steam accounts. Kael can address this further when Steam is back online.

Kael

TF2 Admin
Contributor
I do not see any correlation between you and the banned account. Your ban will be removed but I suggest you do not connect from this IP or your account will be automatically banned again.

Bob 232

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I do not see any correlation between you and the banned account. Your ban will be removed but I suggest you do not connect from this IP or your account will be automatically banned again.
Thank you. For the record, I used to use a vpn with Windscribe because I couldn't play on my regular wifi for some reason. And I didn't know the firewall settings since im not the network admin. I've stopped using the vpn now, but thank you for the heads up.