• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

Asylum_Craze

Mildly Menacing Medic
Link to your ban or your com block:
Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
Dear Admin,

2MTEOgY

I am contacting you with a ban i received earlier today. i was immensely confused at first and i still am pondering why i was banned.

i have played around 19 hours on the certain Skial server and did not cheat or use any form of hack. however, i still revived a ban towards my IP . I contacted my internet provider and they stated that someone could have used a VPN of some sort to access my IP and used it as a cushion to disguise there IP.

Later on in the day however i received a steam message by an account which i believe was to be the hackers.

his steam name was : AkhlemHcks
and i believe this was an elaborate prank by someone who was trying to impersonate me and i have attached the screenshot below. This IS a form of evidence against the accusation and legal law states that a reply is due in 20 working days assuming the contact is an organisation of some sort.

I enjoy playing on these servers with friends and would never think to cheat.

I highly respect the admins decisions but i believe that this is a very harsh decision and probably a mistake. I hope that you can take this into consideration and i ask with all consent to be un-banned.

Thank you,
kind regards,
Amine Harrach​

Fenix

TF2 Admin
Contributor
First, that isn't how VPNs work. I don't want to go into a long description here, but suffice it to say if that is what someone at your ISP told you, they were talking out of their ass. You are the only person who connected from your IP, you connected 20 minutes before the cheater, and then 20 minutes again after them. If you did not do this then either someone is connected to your router and you don't know it, or your actual computer is compromised. I highly doubt the cheater picked that perfect window when you were not playing though. Regardless, we have to keep your IP banned to stop the cheater from coming back.

Oh and the screenshot is not linked correctly, it's broken.

Asylum_Craze

Mildly Menacing Medic
i believe that the ban is unfair though as it was not me who was hacking it was this Akhlem person and if you read the message you would know.
this also leads me to believe that it was probably someone i know who was at my house at the time. as well as this i would like to comment on the admins around here as i have read some immensely bias posts and other admins have completely disparaged it and just unbanned them. i would also like to know the terms and agreements that state u are allowed to access my ip info seeing as you are not a direct third party with valve and if you are please tell me so and send me the link to the proof. if this is not possible then i will refer to the legal data rights and this data is not compramising the security of the business in any way so please refer it to me.

Fenix

TF2 Admin
Contributor
i believe that the ban is unfair though as it was not me who was hacking it was this Akhlem person and if you read the message you would know.
I did read the message. Do you know how many fake brothers, sisters, friends, roommates, cousins, etc., we get when people get caught cheating? Tf2 is free to play, you can make as many free accounts as you want. We can not know who is actually in control of an account.

i would also like to know the terms and agreements that state u are allowed to access my ip info seeing as you are not a direct third party with valve and if you are please tell me so and send me the link to the proof.
Your IP is not private. Every website you go to knows your IP address. Every server you connect to knows your IP address. We are graciously running these servers for free, relying on donations to keep them going. We absolutely have every right to know who is connecting to our servers to keep them running well and free of people who would try to do them harm or ruin other people's experiences.

The bottom line is someone in your household cheated on our servers and to stop them from making another free account and coming back, we have to keep your IP blacklisted.

Reactions: Lightion