• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

Cremesent

Mildly Menacing Medic
Link to your ban or your com block:
Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
while on trade_portal some kid asked everyone to do thier best hentai voice, so i used my slam to spam an 00:8 second clip of hentai sounds. Sounds innocent enough. But instead of letting people laugh about it or call a vote, an admin straight up mutes and gags me for 1 month. I can only assume this knee jerk reaction was because I was roasting him for using jetpack and infinite sandman, using lines like "infinite balls can't even hit one" and/or "this is the scout everyones crying about? he's fuckin trash". But thats just a theory. Anyway I just dont really appreciate being muted by someone with 7x less hours than me. Especially since im on every day, and this admin comes on once a month to use admin powers to pub and only talk about how good of a spy he is. Not once has he offered a trade or conversed about prices, even as I wright this apppeal Im hearing "OOH 15 BACKSTABS IN A ROW". While I realize this banter is allowed, he is hoggin mic space and completely talking over traders. Arcana-NOT just said in voice chat "yo UbiJohn can you shut the fuck up for a second and let me advertise". So im just hoping I can play on this server without admins muting me cause they're mad. Now I see why Prophet left.​

Cremesent

Mildly Menacing Medic
Also i forgot to add, I know any recordings or music over mic is NOT allowed on trade servers, however I only played an 8 second clip and I think a month is much to harsh for such a small offense. Especially since I was doing it to go along with a joke rather than annoy anybody or stop people from trading. If fully appealing my comm ban is too much, than maybe you could at least shorten it. Thanks~

Fenix

TF2 Admin
Contributor
@Luke was the one to punish you so you'll have to wait for the final word from him, but I just want you to be aware that the length is irrelevant; if whatever coming over your mic is of sufficiently low quality, excessively annoying, or causes RIP headphone users (among other things), that can all qualify for spam. I wasn't there so I can't say for sure, just something to consider.

Cremesent

Mildly Menacing Medic
@Luke was the one to punish you so you'll have to wait for the final word from him, but I just want you to be aware that the length is irrelevant; if whatever coming over your mic is of sufficiently low quality, excessively annoying, or causes RIP headphone users (among other things), that can all qualify for spam. I wasn't there so I can't say for sure, just something to consider.
I assumed the length of the mute was based on previous consecutive punishments, in which I haven't broke any rules or had any punishments for months. I thought it started at a day then a week then a month and so on. Would you please clarify?

Fenix

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Punishment length is based on previous infractions, both bans and silences, and as a guideline we use 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 1 month. This was your fourth punishment, hence the 1 month. The time between them doesn't matter for the most part.

Cremesent

Mildly Menacing Medic
Punishment length is based on previous infractions, both bans and silences, and as a guideline we use 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 1 month. This was your fourth punishment, hence the 1 month. The time between them doesn't matter for the most part.
What do you mean by "for the most part"?

Fenix

TF2 Admin
Contributor
What do you mean by "for the most part"?
We look at all appeals on a case by case basis. In some instances there might be extenuating circumstances so I can't make a blanket statement. That is why I said "for the most part," because generally time between punishments does not matter, but there is always that one appeal just waiting to be made that would make a liar out of me :smiley:

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Apologies for taking some time to get to this - but, first of all:

I can only assume this knee jerk reaction was because I was roasting him for using jetpack and infinite sandman, using lines like "infinite balls can't even hit one" and/or "this is the scout everyones crying about? he's fuckin trash". But thats just a theory.
this admin comes on once a month to use admin powers to pub and only talk about how good of a spy he is. Not once has he offered a trade or conversed about prices, even as I wright this apppeal Im hearing "OOH 15 BACKSTABS IN A ROW". While I realize this banter is allowed, he is hoggin mic space and completely talking over traders. Arcana-NOT just said in voice chat "yo UbiJohn can you shut the fuck up for a second and let me advertise"

You're confusing me with someone else, you said yourself "yo UbiJohn can you shut the fuck up for a second...", I'm not UbiJohn.
I've had to warn him about pretending to be an admin before, though - so if he has continued to do this, feel free to let me know.
Edit: Found more evidence of him pretending to be an admin in his chat log, so I've punished them for that.

Now onto the punishment,

8 seconds might not sound like a very long time - but it is.

People who have broken the rules before and continue to prove that they aren't learning,
You have broken the rules three times before - so the length is sufficient, especially since they were all for the same thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reedgreat

Cremesent

Mildly Menacing Medic
Apologies for taking some time to get to this - but, first of all:

You're confusing me with someone else, you said yourself "yo UbiJohn can you shut the fuck up for a second...", I'm not UbiJohn.
I've had to warn him about pretending to be an admin before, though - so if he has continued to do this, feel free to let me know.
Edit: Found more evidence of him pretending to be an admin in his chat log, so I've punished them for that.

Now onto the punishment,

8 seconds might not sound like a very long time - but it is.

People who have broken the rules before and continue to prove that they aren't learning,
You have broken the rules three times before - so the length is sufficient, especially since they were all for the same thing.
First of all they where NOT all for the same thing, I have never used slam or any form of mic spam before this one offense. All of my other mutes where for trash talking admins on trade_portal. Second I find it tasteless to use UbiJohn as a temporary username in order to deflect any rules you break yourself, it's already a known fact that you do this often and that other skial admins aren't fond of you. I dare you to tell me that wasn't you on the server that day, (which probably wouldn't be hard for a lowlife anyway). Third, it says that the length of the punishment should be equal to the seriousness of the offense. You say "8 seconds might not sound like a very long time - but it is." to which I reply, please find one human that thinks 8 seconds is a long time. Finally, the spam was NOT to annoy, harass, and/or offend anyone, it was merely to go along with a joke and spark laughter. However, I can see why a power hungry admin with little man syndrome will stick to "technicality" rather than handle the situation like a normal functioning human being.

P.S. Sorry for the rudeness, just get a little mad when dysfunctional people use their "power" to ruin other peoples good times, for the sake of feeling... just a teeeeeny bit bigger. Ya know?

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
First of all they where NOT all for the same thing, I have never used slam or any form of mic spam before this one offense. All of my other mutes where for trash talking admins on trade_portal.
The reason on the punishments states "spam", so I'm working from this - any accusations of admin abuse are beyond this case.

Second I find it tasteless to use UbiJohn as a temporary username in order to deflect any rules you break yourself, it's already a known fact that you do this often and that other skial admins aren't fond of you. I dare you to tell me that wasn't you on the server that day, (which probably wouldn't be hard for a lowlife anyway).
UbiJohn and me aren't the same person,
UbiJohn - http://steamcommunity.com/id/mariachihorse/
Me - http://steamcommunity.com/id/lsrwLuke/

Furthermore, I was on the server at the same time as UbiJohn was:
TRADE | US 10/06/2017 - 10:38:25 PM Luke But Ubi isn't an admin
TRADE | US 10/06/2017 - 10:33:16 PM Luke UbiJohn talking like an admin lol

This was prior to me punishing you... we're not the same person.

Third, it says that the length of the punishment should be equal to the seriousness of the offense. You say "8 seconds might not sound like a very long time - but it is." to which I reply, please find one human that thinks 8 seconds is a long time. Finally, the spam was NOT to annoy, harass, and/or offend anyone, it was merely to go along with a joke and spark laughter. However, I can see why a power hungry admin with little man syndrome will stick to "technicality" rather than handle the situation like a normal functioning human being
It says that the length of the punishment should take into account:
Use longer ban times based on the seriousness of the offense, or if the person plays rarely and would not be affected by a short ban time, or is a repeat offender.
You're a repeat offender, as you've broken the rules numerous times previously, therefore you were punished based on this.

I'm not using my power to ruin other peoples good times, I'm enforcing the rules as they're set.
If you don't want to follow our rules, don't play on our servers... it's very simple.