• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

ᵜ k!cksh()t ᵜ

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Proxy IP? I just temporarily used my neighbor's wifi because I'm having an unstable connection on my internet. Would that be the cause and would I be permanently banned for that?

Thank you

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Proxy IP? I just temporarily used my neighbor's wifi because I'm having an unstable connection on my internet. Would that be the cause and would I be permanently banned for that?

Thank you
You were banned for connecting to the same IP that a hacker previously used to hack on several months ago. We will investigate to ensure that there are no similarities between your account and the other. If we find none, we will unban you. Please be patient as we look into it!

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
All right, so here's what I have gathered. You are using Globe Telecomms as your ISP, is this correct? Or is it "Philippine Long Distance Telephone"? Your neighbor is using, as it appears, "Smart Broadband." Well, back in December, a hacker got onto one of Smart Broadband's IPs and tainted it. From now on, anyone who uses Smart Broadband as their ISP may have the unlucky chance at ending up on that ISP, for which they will be perma banned. This happened to you. Here's my suggestion: Never, ever, ever attempt to use your neighbor's ISP again, even if you are experiencing connectivity issues. You may end up right back onto that IP. You actually got very close to it when you reconnected after being banned. Your IP ended in .94 instead of .90 (the tainted IP). This suggests to me the very high probability you will end up right back on that bad IP.

So, here's what going to happen. We have checked everything out, and we do not believe you are related to the original hacker. As such, I am unbanning your steam ID. However, the original banned IP is still banned in our system and will remain that way. Continue to use only the Globe Telecomms IPs you are receiving, but please do not use your neighbor's Smart Broadband service. Thanks!

ᵜ k!cksh()t ᵜ

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Hi RMSniper,

Actually I use Globe more frequently than the PLDT. Yes, my neighbor uses the Smart Broadband. Just to be clear, would Skial ban me again, if I connect to that Smart Broadband but not use it on Skial/TF2? Because there are times that I really need a stable connection and that is my 3rd option. I asked this because I really don't want to jeopardize my account with Skial again. I really value my access to Skial servers as most of the time I invested on TF2 was on Skial.

I understand that Skial does not tolerate these kind of exploits/vulnerabilities that hackers usually abuse. For that I really want to thank you for not just clearing my account but for the knowledge I learned from this malicious IP.

Thank you

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Hi RMSniper,

Actually I use Globe more frequently than the PLDT. Yes, my neighbor uses the Smart Broadband. Just to be clear, would Skial ban me again, if I connect to that Smart Broadband but not use it on Skial/TF2? Because there are times that I really need a stable connection and that is my 3rd option. I asked this because I really don't want to jeopardize my account with Skial again. I really value my access to Skial servers as most of the time I invested on TF2 was on Skial.

I understand that Skial does not tolerate these kind of exploits/vulnerabilities that hackers usually abuse. For that I really want to thank you for not just clearing my account but for the knowledge I learned from this malicious IP.

Thank you
I cannot predict if his wifi will end back up on the hacked IP, because I believe the chances are very high. We are advising you not to connect to his. If we, by chance, have to unban you multiple times if you were choosing to use his IP, and it kept landing on the bad IP, then we may become less and less lenient. Does this make sense? :blush:

My only other suggestion for you is to get a reliable home internet connection, rather than all these telecomms. If that's not possible, then I would just suggest following what I detailed above.

ᵜ k!cksh()t ᵜ

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I would not want you to get into trouble of unbanning me for multiple times because of that IP. And yes...become less lenient. I clearly understand that. ^_^ That's why I'm asking if using my neighbor's wifi when not playing TF2 would still warrant a ban?

Use suspected IP ---> don't play TF2 ---> switch to "clean" IP ---> play TF2/Skial = Ban?

Thank you

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I would not want you to get into trouble of unbanning me for multiple times because of that IP. And yes...become less lenient. I clearly understand that. ^_^ That's why I'm asking if using my neighbor's wifi when not playing TF2 would still warrant a ban?

Use suspected IP ---> don't play TF2 ---> switch to "clean" IP ---> play TF2/Skial = Ban?

Thank you
Oh, of course not. We do not monitor what you do while you're not on our servers. My apologies for misunderstanding you.