• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

StalinJr

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
They have been increased again, and tbh its getting quite annoying. I understand that the whole AP thing is a bonus to playing on skial servers, but goddamn. It is pretty damn hard to gain enough AP for the low-end rewards, nevermind the unusual effects. Even me, someone who plays on skial almost exclusively does not have access to all of them. What I am saying is, increasing it does NOT encourage people to play more, since it is just a perk. So, please, just keep the rewards at a stable price, as the newbies(who are our target demographic with the perks), barely have any chance to gain them anyways.

Commander

Truly Feared Pyro
I agree with this. Personally I preferred it when it was 10% AP decrease and the old costs which capped at 2000 for autobalance immunity. Right now I don't get enough time to play enough to keep up with ever increasing AP costs, combined with the 5% decline which nullifies about 70% of my daily AP gain. Twice now I've nearly got to the Round End Invuln only for it to go up 500 points while I wasn't looking.

Commander

Truly Feared Pyro
As long as it doesn't make humiliation immunity more expensive. Right now the extra death at the end of the round cocks up the ubers-to-deaths ratio I use to gauge how well I'm doing at Medic that day.

Bottiger

Administrator
I reduced the daily decay by half which means the costs were supposed to double.

I only just doubled the cost yesterday.

We can't let everyone get all the rewards. Some of them like autobalance immunity lose value if everyone has them.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
As long as it doesn't make humiliation immunity more expensive. Right now the extra death at the end of the round cocks up the ubers-to-deaths ratio I use to gauge how well I'm doing at Medic that day.
It's just lying to yourself.

StalinJr

Contributor
I reduced the daily decay by half which means the costs were supposed to double.

I only just doubled the cost yesterday.

We can't let everyone get all the rewards. Some of them like autobalance immunity lose value if everyone has them.
The decay is 2.5% now?

Because the decay of 5% has been stable while the unusual price has went from 2500 to 3500

I understand one of the nice things about the rewards is their exclusivity, but these prices are getting ridiculous

Bottiger

Administrator
The price used to be 2000 max with a 10% decay.

I decreased the decay to 5%, so the final price should have been 4000.

StalinJr

Contributor
The price used to be 2000 max with a 10% decay.

I decreased the decay to 5%, so the final price should have been 4000.
Ah I see. Makes sense that you would double the price with halving the decay. Thanks for explaining.

Cylosis

Legendary Skial King
While we're on the topic of AP, didn't player kills give AP at one point?
I feel that in addition to playtime, gaining say, 20% of your final score could be counted as AP, encouraging people to play on the server, not just be there.
AP for bonus points, encourage people to be kredit to team
Replacing donations with AP purchases
AP counter on steam-synced forum profiles
Minor rewards for AP at lower levels to encourage players to return to Skial servers when they realize the benefits.

I'm too lazy to try and work these ideas into a nicely written paragraph, just throwing out any improvements that came to mind.
I don't necessarily support any of these.

Bottiger

Administrator
Player kills never gave you AP.

It would make everyone stop playing support classes like medic, and it is prone to abuse. Also it would be penalizing players with less skills.

I am thinking about making votemenu and/or votereport require a small amount of AP to prevent abuse. Maybe 500.

Reactions: MilleNX

pkm

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
I am thinking about making votemenu and/or votereport require a small amount of AP to prevent abuse. Maybe 500.

That may actually be a pretty good idea. There might be an extremely rare chance that there is no one on the server to call a vote when its truly needed but if they come to the forums, a regular can always pop over to help them out. Is there any way to break it down further such as requiring different amounts of AP depending on the vote? Such as mute/ban/scramble ?

AfireAzuaki

Epic Skial Regular
Hey Bottiger, can you add more abilities if you're gonna increase the ap for stuff such as the "!hat" command ant etc,? I think it's annoying since I can't be on tf2 all day and all i get is reduced votemenu cooldown.
Sorry if I am asking too much, but I think some of us that play regularly not often should have some benefits other than reduced votemenu cooldown...

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Player kills never gave you AP.

It would make everyone stop playing support classes like medic, and it is prone to abuse. Also it would be penalizing players with less skills.

Then no one will want to call votes, they'll always be waiting for someone else to do it.

Hey Bottiger, can you add more abilities if you're gonna increase the ap for stuff such as the "!hat" command ant etc,? I think it's annoying since I can't be on tf2 all day and all i get is reduced votemenu cooldown.
Sorry if I am asking too much, but I think some of us that play regularly not often should have some benefits other than reduced votemenu cooldown...

If you can't meet the playtime requirements then you should just donate.

pkm

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Then no one will want to call votes, they'll always be waiting for someone else to do it.

I think you might misunderstand how the AP points work. You don't actively spend them. In this case, as long as you have at least 500 points, you could call a vote but you don't lose those 500 points by calling a vote.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I think you might misunderstand how the AP points work. You don't actively spend them. In this case, as long as you have at least 500 points, you could call a vote but you don't lose those 500 points by calling a vote.
I'm fully aware of how the system works, thanks. I suppose I misread his post, seemed that it was worded so that it would cost points to call a vote.

Commander

Truly Feared Pyro
I think it should only be like a 150AP requirement to call a vote, to stop misuse from complete newcomers who have nothing to lose from getting in trouble from it, but not stopping other people.