This Name Is False

Totally Ordinary Human
First off, I'm playing on a Windows XP (I know, I know. I'm only playing it because my Windows 7 had a hardware problem and stopped working).
I get a recurring crash whenever I play regarding the amount of memory the driver has available. Steam Support has a fix for it, which I did, but it did not work for long (It involves stopping useless processes to conserve memory: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6721-RYHB-2201 ). Not sure if there is a way to conserve more or add to the pool available, but if you know of one, it'd be helpful to hear of it.
I start TF2, join a server and play for some time (The amount varies. It was very short last time.) and then the game suddendly crashes. It gives me a window saying that an "Internal driver error at present! You're likely out of OS Paged Pool Memory!" and includes a link to that Steam Support article.

Sir Gooch P Tigglington

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Ok so you need to increase the size of your page file.

Click Start, right click My Computer, and click Properties.
Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings in the Performance section.
Click the Advanced tab, and then click the Change button.
Make sure the "Custom Size" radio button is checked. Make both boxes say 4096 (this is the value I usually use for WinXP and I almost never have problems on all my client's computers).
Click Set and then reboot.

All done, you shouldn't have any issue now. Keep in mind that this takes up some space on your hard drive so make sure you have enough room. 4096 MB is 4 gigabytes.

This Name Is False

Totally Ordinary Human
Ok so you need to increase the size of your page file.

Click Start, right click My Computer, and click Properties.
Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings in the Performance section.
Click the Advanced tab, and then click the Change button.
Make sure the "Custom Size" radio button is checked. Make both boxes say 4096 (this is the value I usually use for WinXP and I almost never have problems on all my client's computers).
Click Set and then reboot.

All done, you shouldn't have any issue now. Keep in mind that this takes up some space on your hard drive so make sure you have enough room. 4096 MB is 4 gigabytes.
Alright, I'll try this. Thanks!