• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Bottiger

Administrator
We have had requests to host a Freak Fortress server ever since it came out.

But the main problem is that we don't have a modeler. It seems like the most popular Freak Fortress servers have a lot of private bosses, and just have a few of the stock bosses isn't enough.

Are there any modelers out there? It seems like most of the models are taking from gamebanana and other websites, so we might be able to make something without creating models from scratch, though the models will still need to be rigged.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Oh that's neat then, however here's a few things I would suggest personally that I know from experience people enjoy:

As for maps we could always have a custom map for ff2 designed to be linked with the bosses on the server, though using the maps already on vsh should work. (Though I am not sure about skyhigh resort, since most bosses on ff2 would fall down easily as they don't all have super jump)

Custom bosses for the server? Sure, but I think that can be integrated later on, first we need to see if the server is good.

Reactions: Sheev_Palpatine

SHADoW93

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
For bosses that intentionally lack a superjump/teleport, you can add the "dynamic_env_management" ability from this subplugin:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=258090

Also released my FF2 Boss Prefs, which replaces the old !ff2boss and !ff2toggle plugins!
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=273191

Ability subplugins i've done and fixed for FF2:
Some fun stuff i've made for FF2, if you want to give it a shot
  • RPS4Points - Gamble queue points with RPS among teammates! (option to slay boss if boss loses on RPS)
  • Streaker - Increase your killstreak by dealing damage!
Also, reskinning TF2 models isn't too complicated, as long as you know what you are doing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Someone.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Unfortuantly valve messed up, if you want to add a hat to a model you can't simply "force equip it" since it wouldn't show for other people, the get around which I believe the demopan had was to just compile the hat within the model. And I can't even seem to do that, would take time for me to learn that. If we were to have a boss I was hoping one of the first custom bosses could be Neo from the Matrix, all I'd need is the model and I could easily do the rest of the work.

Since he'd literally be a reskinned spy with the security shades glasses.

Edit: Okay so I haven't Bob the Builder but I found Bill from L4D.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=19682

And Blitzkrieg is a little op right now. And it lags too much because he can just hold m1 and it spams too many rockets.

Last edited:

SHADoW93

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Unfortuantly valve messed up, if you want to add a hat to a model you can't simply "force equip it" since it wouldn't show for other people, the get around which I believe the demopan had was to just compile the hat within the model. And I can't even seem to do that, would take time for me to learn that. If we were to have a boss I was hoping one of the first custom bosses could be Neo from the Matrix, all I'd need is the model and I could easily do the rest of the work.

Since he'd literally be a reskinned spy with the security shades glasses.

Edit: Okay so I haven't Bob the Builder but I found Bill from L4D.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=19682

And Blitzkrieg is a little op right now. And it lags too much because he can just hold m1 and it spams too many rockets.

Attaching hats to models is a rather simple process, requires making a new model altogether.

Being Blitzkrieg's creator, have a look at danmedic.cfg, which lists all his settings so he can be tweaked to be easier to fight against. I can also send a tweaked config if you want. The default config that ships with Blitz is more or less of a Demo mode to showcase all of his abilities.

Also, mind swapping his HP formula with this? Since it's coming to the 3.2 BETA soon anyway:
Code:
"health_formula"        "((((500+n)*(n-1))^1.04)+5120)/5"

Last edited:

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Yeah, unfortuantly I haven't got the hang of it yet, think you could make a reskinned spy? for a custom boss Neo?

Bottiger

Administrator
I added Gabe and used a newer model that looks a lot better.

The Duke Nukem boss has invisible hands in first person though so I think we should remove it.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
The Duke Nukem boss has invisible hands in first person though so I think we should remove it.

Okay then, that's ashame though.

Some bosses may be broken I guess since most of them are pretty old.

Also Saxton Hale is an error for some people, can you remove him? I mean it's ff2 anyway so it shouldn't matter. Unless you put the old model back on the fastdl. Since it uses the old VSH model.

Medi-Wolf

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Awesome work with the server so far. Only issue I've heard is...

- Shrek's music is blaringly loud. It's nearly impossible to hear anything else.

If someone could manage to fix this that would be awesome.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Okay so I've been figuring out how to make custom bosses, here's what I've got so far.

6ekAK1T.png

Boss: Neo (From the Matrix)

Rage: Slow-Mo (Like Gaben)

Bottiger

Administrator
Awesome work with the server so far. Only issue I've heard is...

- Shrek's music is blaringly loud. It's nearly impossible to hear anything else.

If someone could manage to fix this that would be awesome.

You can disable music from the /ff2 menu.