Reporter

Administrator
Any good servers that aren't horribly configured?
So I want to play community servers to actually try to improve my game (I know MGE exists but that isn't the same as playing a regular game) and have fun. The issue is that most servers are garbage to me, and servers like creators.tf, Skial, and Uncletopia have shitty server configs (forcing updaterate/cmdrate to bad values, limiting rate, below 66sfps, etc. ), but mainly they *force* the updaterate to 66, which cause me to get choke lag.

P.S Can we get a megathread for server recommendations?

Author: Amicdict

https://www.reddit.com/r/truetf2/comments/kzeyl0/any_good_servers_that_arent_horribly_configured/
http://www.reddit.com/r/truetf2/comments/kzeyl0/any_good_servers_that_arent_horribly_configured/

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
boohoohoo I can't play for shit, so I pretend it's rates set to bad values that limits my ability to improve. This prattle is the equivalent to those who change their name to 'testing sens' so they can blame their settings when they have a shit day.
"choke lag" hahaha get the fuck out of here.

Trillium

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
boohoohoo I can't play for shit, so I pretend it's rates set to bad values that limits my ability to improve. This prattle is the equivalent to those who change their name to 'testing sens' so they can blame their settings when they have a shit day.
"choke lag" hahaha get the fuck out of here.
Reading the comments on the post, turns out he's an edgy retard who hates highschool, probably sucks baby cock in the boys room, and plans to not go to college so that he will be more "economically free" he will try and make his own server.

Comment 1: I don't have enough funding to try and make my own server right now as a teen, but I will try to in the future since I won't be going to Scamlege (aka College) or getting Scamried (aka Married), so I'll be far more flexible economically.

I was gonna ask on Discord, but I really don't want to have to use my phone number in order to chat. I tried using temporary phone numbers, but those don't seem to work in Discord.

Comment 2: Why should I? It's not guaranteed that I'll get a college degree job just because I have a degree, which means there's a chance that the degree could be useless in my life. Also college is a pain in the ass. It's very expensive (yes I am including community colleges) and takes at least a year just to get the degree you want, and anything could happen in a year that could screw me over financially. I already hate high school enough; why should I put myself in further pain by going to a place just to get a job for high wages, something that I don't need because I don't like wastefully spending cash.

Seems like the type of faggot to have a "Crits are fair and balanced" or "I am sorry for killing or hitting you with a crit" bind with his finger hovering over it at all times.

Also,
I already hate high school enough; why should I put myself in further pain by going to a place just to get a job for high wages, something that I don't need because I don't like wastefully spending cash

You fucking buffoon, ever hear of a thing called rent? Maybe taxes? Petrol? Have fun eating baloney and American cheese sandwiches every fucking day because your "economically free" job is going to be flipping burgers a Five Guys, sucking the management off in the hopes of getting a 10 cent raise and only making 300$ every payday

https://www.reddit.com/u/Amicdict?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Also judging from thread creations this faggola has made, all he does is fucking get off to playing tf2, no wonder he doesn't want to go to college, I bet he thinks he's gonna be the best comp player in the world

Last edited:

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
because I don't like wastefully spending cash
he will try and make his own server.
Yep setting up a server is free...
and takes at least a year just to get the degree you want
A fucking year, what sort of degree is he looking at, the ones on the back of a cereal pack?

I used to think I didn't need much money, that I could get by happily by living a simple life. But I learned to realise that it's true, money doesn't buy happiness, I learned it actually buys freedom.
Investing in your own education is the best thing that you can do in this life. Knowledge is strength, money is freedom. No knowledge, no money, leaves you ignorant, weak, and enslaved by the system, blaming that system for your own shortcomings, just like your man here does in the OP.
but mainly they *force* the updaterate to 66, which cause me to get choke lag
Yes, because the tens of thousands of people playing these servers are also getting the same problem......
I suppose he is only a kid though, so he may yet become a man.

Trillium

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Yep setting up a server is free...

A fucking year, what sort of degree is he looking at, the ones on the back of a cereal pack?

I used to think I didn't need much money, that I could get by happily by living a simple life. But I learned to realise that it's true, money doesn't buy happiness, I learned it actually buys freedom.
Investing in your own education is the best thing that you can do in this life. Knowledge is strength, money is freedom. No knowledge, no money, leaves you ignorant, weak, and enslaved by the system, blaming that system for your own shortcomings, just like your man here does in the OP.

Yes, because the tens of thousands of people playing these servers are also getting the same problem......
I suppose he is only a kid though, so he may yet become a man.
He is a teenager though, so I can understand why he is stupid

Trillium

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
@Maddo
Comment 3: It doesn't help if you already have to pay out a debt throughout your lifetime just because you entered a glorified school for adults. Besides I can just rent and live in a cheap home. I won't care about it's state anyways if it means I can live without so much damn financial stress.

This is usually only true if you pick a fucking stupid major live Liberal Arts or Gender Studies

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
This is usually only true if you pick a fucking stupid major live Liberal Arts or Gender Studies
The lazy mans option.

Thing is, I'll be paying off student loans until I die. Still managed to buy a nice house, new car, saved money, I eat well. Should really upgrade that radeon r7 though. I worked 2 part time jobs while I studied, and had a nice little enterprise going on ebay, working from 4 am till 11pm, only having a break in the middle to go to lectures and study.
Kid's these days.

Trillium

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
The lazy mans option.

Thing is, I'll be paying off student loans until I die. Still managed to buy a nice house, new car, saved money, I eat well. Should really upgrade that radeon r7 though. I worked 2 part time jobs while I studied, and had a nice little enterprise going on ebay, working from 4 am till 11pm, only having a break in the middle to go to lectures and study.
Kid's these days.
It also comes down to luck, I didn't go down the college route and instead went to a trade school because I already knew what I want to do as a profession