This Name Is False

Totally Ordinary Human
Recently I posted a thread about fixing crashes due to lack of available memory, and the fix helped for some time (Increasing the pool of available memory), but recently the problem is recurring. I have observed the used data while I am playing, making my computer take record of it and viewing it as it spikes while I play. Data usage appears to fluctuate greatly, but a foreseeable pattern appears; When more things happen (Ex. more people spam explosives or get kills near me), my comp uses more data-understandable, it needs to process this. However, it crashes while using only nearly half, or slightly greater than half, of available data. My theory (A theory, not an actual explanation) is that the computer is saving this portion of data for other applications that it may be preparing for, and cutting hl2.exe off when it reaches a certain data usage percent. However, I have not set it to do this and have no evidence that it is doing it.
If anyone knows of any way to allocate more data to hl2.exe, or any other possible fix for this problem, please post here. I have only one idea for what to do-possibly increase the pool size again, but I don't know if it would help.
(NOTE: When I say, "It crashes", I am not referring to the computer itself. The Source Engine crashes, due to 'lack of available memory' even though data remains in the pool.)
ALSO: Data space in the drive is not a problem. The drive I increase PF size on is only 50% full, with much space remaining. It is the one I designate for games such as TF2 and Steam.

Morbuzka

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Well, this really kinda sucks. Unfortunately, I'm not good enough with computers or XP to know how to fix it, but I'm sure someone will help you : ) Until then, this post counts as a friendly bump of sympathy : ))
Alright, so that way this post isn't completely useless, try checking around and seeing if there is any program that could possible need to use an amount of RAM, maybe upgrading to 7 would work, if you can service that computer, an extra stick of memory never hurt anybody. I'm just thinking of the logical solutions, Oaky knows all the mega super intelligent stuff.

This Name Is False

Totally Ordinary Human
Problem solved possibly. I can run TF2 for any period of time if texture detail is at low. Not a good looking game, but it works.