• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

[HK] FuriousRat95YT

Unremarkable User
So, basically, I logged in yesterday, and couldn't find the skial servers. I tried going to the servers link and using the ip's there, but still didn't work.
I think the problem was that I installed rayshud yesterday.
What should I do?

Stove™

Positively Inhumane Poster
By the looks of it, you're not banned according to Sourcemods.

Are you getting any sort of message when you try to join the server or does it just not let you in at all?

Trillium

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
So, basically, I logged in yesterday, and couldn't find the skial servers. I tried going to the servers link and using the ip's there, but still didn't work.
I think the problem was that I installed rayshud yesterday.
What should I do?
Could always try and verify the game files, might have a corrupted file or missing file

Dark Strife

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Ok Its your isp or firewall. Make sure tf2 is allowed through the firewall. If its your isp, then you have to contact them.

Stove™

Do other community servers let you join them or is it just Skial? There's an option to enable all custom files to be downloaded from community servers, too, so make sure you have that checked.

Reactions: Dark Strife

[HK] FuriousRat95YT

Unremarkable User
Do other community servers let you join them or is it just Skial? There's an option to enable all custom files to be downloaded from community servers, too, so make sure you have that checked.
Other servers let me join them. I even played on one that has custom weapons which downloaded. So I think the option is definetely checked.

Trillium

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Are you using GeForce Now or any VPNs of any kind when trying to connect? As Dark Strife said, checking your antivirus firewall and Windows Firewall/Mac Security (I am not sure which you're using) could always help

Stove™

Are you using GeForce Now or any VPNs of any kind when trying to connect? As Dark Strife said, checking your antivirus firewall and Windows Firewall/Mac Security (I am not sure which you're using) could always help
I think it normally bans you for 10 minutes if you try to connect using a VPN/proxy IP, and seeing that he has no bans, it couldn't be that. May be the firewall/antivirus then, but even with that I'm unsure.

Reactions: Seminal Inhalation

Trillium

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I think it normally bans you for 10 minutes if you try to connect using a VPN/proxy IP, and seeing that he has no bans, it couldn't be that. May be the firewall/antivirus then, but even with that I'm unsure.
Its a guess, but it's strange that it would exclusively blacklist the Skial servers and not any of the others, And I don't think blacklisting them makes you unable to join, maybe the IP is not banned but black listed for some reason or another, I doubt it though

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Other servers let me join them. I even played on one that has custom weapons which downloaded. So I think the option is definetely checked.

Fuck man. I had this same exact problem months ago, only I don't at all remember how I resolved it. It's *possible* it might be that you have too much data of add-ons enabled at once that's over the server limit.

Stove™

Fuck man. I had this same exact problem months ago, only I don't at all remember how I resolved it. It's *possible* it might be that you have too much data of add-ons enabled at once that's over the server limit.
That could definitely be something. I know I had an issue with joining some custom servers and downloading the files needed to play there because my downloads folder had too much stuff in it. It's a possibility, but I can't really figure out why else it wouldn't be letting them in.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Have you played on skial servers before?
Link your steam account to the forum, admins might be able to shed more light on the situation.
Does sound like a firewall rule, have you tried connecting to the US and EU servers?
Try connecting with your firewall off and see what happens..