DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Its interface is plenty simple but there's almost no functionality if you want to make anything other than some ass-quality slideshow. Nowadays it's so buggy and crash-prone you probably couldn't even do a slideshow if you tried.

I've tried looking for other free video editors but they're either equally garbage or so complicated it would take months to learn a program I'd only use for simple videos with relatively simple effects.

Is there a decent alternative someone knows of?
First person to say "pirate Vegas" loses.

Thorin Oakenshield

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Download the older version of WMM.
If you're looking to swap to something else, I don't really know since I've been looking at paid ones. :<

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
Lol, free movie editors.
I can't speak for any of them since I am so used to Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, and Adobe After Effects.
You should acquire one of those. However, I have heard Avidemux & Lightworks were decent.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
Torrent a cracked sony vegas if its still possible to do so.
It's definitely still possible.
But, if you're going to torrent, why not get something actually good? *Bias here, I have never liked Sony Vegas.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
as it's been said above, pirating might be your best option.

Vegas just has so many pluses that you can use towards video editing, and it doesn't take that much to get used to it. I personally love the newer versions, as the older ones lack some features and burn my eyes with the full bright white theme it had.

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I'm trying to avoid torrenting at the moment. My ISP throttles me regardless of what the traffic actually is, and even though there's apparently a method around that it's entirely alien to me.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
You could also just pay infinity dollars for vegas pro :p
Vegas Pro: $600
Final Cut Pro X (Which is considered garbage by the Media Industry): $300
Final Cut Pro 7 (On ebay): ~$600 to $700
Adobe Premiere: $20/month (couldn't find a standalone buy version on their website)
Adobe After Effects: $20/month

Vegas Pro: $600
Final Cut Pro X (Which is considered garbage by the Media Industry): $300
Final Cut Pro 7 (On ebay): ~$600 to $700
Adobe Premiere: $20/month (couldn't find a standalone buy version on their website)
Adobe After Effects: $20/month

What the hell Adobe, monthly cost for software?

That's bullshit.

Swooce

Unremarkable User
Download the older version of WMM.
If you're looking to swap to something else, I don't really know since I've been looking at paid ones. :<

So much this. The older version has a lot more functionality than the shitty W7 one that is perhaps a little too accessible,

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 is what I used on my Mac (pirated). That, Photoshop and After Effects are by far the best products Adobe's ever come out with (as far as I used).

Also, Adobe's switching to entirely cloud-based software. Which is why it's 20$/month.

Ceubie

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
You could pound your head into a brick wall, and still get the same effects you get from Movie Maker.