ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
So yeah, I got on Newegg the other night, gave a lot of the hardware they had a look, and I think I built a pretty impressive piece of machinery, can't get any worse then my AMDerp Athlon X2 220 Processor/GeForce GT 520 combo. Gyazo Pics of the Shopping Cart follow. Sorry if they're a little small, I couldn't get Print Screen to work on my Keyboard, so I need to get a new one, I think I busted that key. All I feel I could do to dumb down the price a little off of the $2,000 area is draw my OS back to Home Premium, and get rid of the warranties. Maybe draw the Processor back to an i5, but I really don't want to do that. I could re-use my current DVI/VGA Cords too, same with my current Headset. Idon't plan on getting a different monitor, my HP is fine.

255b0f714394d7f81a7ead854dd54181.png

2530da6aa3d3360457ae784ded0f3332.png

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
That motherboard is for an AMD processor, not intel. You'll need an Intel socket 1155 motherboard for that chip, the one I recommended in cininc's thread should work fine. You don't need the K series unless you actually intend to overclock the processor.

You don't need the velociraptor, you have an SSD. Get a 1TB Caviar Black for data storage and programs you don't need to install on the SSD.

Why do you have a 90$ keyboard on your list with an 8$ mouse? ROCCAT has some decent products, though you could probably do better with the keyboard. (G510 or something similar)

Ram is alright. The heatsinks are unnecessary and I'm a mushkin fan myself.

I'd prefer the ASUS-56u over the router you picked out, but the one you have is fine.

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
That motherboard is for an AMD processor, not intel. You'll need an Intel socket 1155 motherboard for that chip, the one I recommended in cininc's thread should work fine. You don't need the K series unless you actually intend to overclock the processor.

You don't need the velociraptor, you have an SSD. Get a 1TB Caviar Black for data storage and programs you don't need to install on the SSD.

Why do you have a 90$ keyboard on your list with an 8$ mouse? ROCCAT has some decent products, though you could probably do better with the keyboard. (G510 or something similar)

Ram is alright. The heatsinks are unnecessary and I'm a mushkin fan myself.

I'd prefer the ASUS-56u over the router you picked out, but the one you have is fine.
Awesome. I'll build myself a new PC eventually, but after having Roman do stuff in my PC, it's running faster now.

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
After going through and making the adjustments that Oaky gave me, along with a few penny-pinching adjustments of my own, I think I have a good setup to build someday. I went ahead and changed the motherboard over to an ASUS Maximus IV, and instead of an SSD and 1 HD, I'll just get and install 2 Caviar Blacks. I dumbed down the Keyboard and Mouse choices, both of them good looking Logitech products. I also took off that Cables and Headset I picked out on there, I can re-use my current ones. I also did some research, and Windows 7 Home Premium isn't that different from Professional, so I'll stick with the Home Premium version. I took off the Heatsinks as well, still keeping the CPU Cooler and Case Fans I picked out. I may get a different Router, I'm still debating on that.

672379ef9749d47a6cfc8dfcf6086acd.png

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
HAF 922 is nicer and cheaper than that case.

PSU is massive overkill, due to inefficiency you're going to be pulling more watts than you need to. For that build you'd likely be safe with a 500w, I wouldn't suggest going over 750w. I'd stick to SeaSonic or Corsair for my PSU, doesn't mean other brands are horrible though.

Here's a router review site, it might help you decide.

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/lanwan/router-charts/view

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
HAF 922 is nicer and cheaper than that case.

PSU is massive overkill, due to inefficiency you're going to be pulling more watts than you need to. For that build you'd likely be safe with a 500w, I wouldn't suggest going over 750w. I'd stick to SeaSonic or Corsair for my PSU, doesn't mean other brands are horrible though.

Here's a router review site, it might help you decide.

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/lanwan/router-charts/view
Gotcha. I'll check out all the Router options.

Ninja_DC

Face-Melting F2Per
I personally think a white case with a lot of functionality would look a lot nicer.
For example.
NZXT Phantom
Corsair Carbide 500R

You have the budget for a Sandy-Bridge E system if you wish which the H100 is more than capable of cooling
The cases i've provided also offer excellent cooling and support for a enthusiast system.

Here's what i would do with $2000 for a system.
2000build.png

Ofc, you could find better deals, and possibly get a 680 if you find one in stock.
Bear in mind, if you get a 7970 and overclock to 680 speeds, you will get the same performance within 0.4%+/-

This is my opinion, choose what you think is right.

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
Yea, I think that if I do have some money left over, I'll replace the GTX 590 TI with a GTX 680. There's no way in hell I'd be able to afford a GTX 690 though. Sweet Jesus, have you seen that thing?

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Yea, I think that if I do have some money left over, I'll replace the GTX 590 TI with a GTX 680. There's no way in hell I'd be able to afford a GTX 690 though. Sweet Jesus, have you seen that thing?
Based on your assumed usage from what I know of you, you'd never in a million years need a 6 core CPU with hyperthreading. Save your money and buy something more worthwhile with it.

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
From what I've heard, it doesn't matter what PSU you use, it's that as long as you have enough wattage, you'll either utilize it or not, I have a 750 watt psu.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
From what I've heard, it doesn't matter what PSU you use, it's that as long as you have enough wattage, you'll either utilize it or not, I have a 750 watt psu.
It's argumentative and there's not a lot of facts to back it up, but the idea is that psus are not as efficient way below the 50% usage threshold. Regardless though, there's no reason to spend all the extra money on a powersupply that is way beyond what you need.

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
Based on your assumed usage from what I know of you, you'd never in a million years need a 6 core CPU with hyperthreading. Save your money and buy something more worthwhile with it.
Yeah, I don't think I'll ever need 6 cores, or at least not need 6 cores til Quad Core becomes outdated, which, depending on how fast PC haming grows, may be sooner than I think.

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
Alright, final draft of my Planned PC Build is the second draft a posted, but replace the Antec Case with the HAF 922, and the PSU with a Cosair 650 Watt. Final price totals at $1,731.84