TheGreatBloo

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
So ive been wanting to build a gaming pc for quite a while but never had the money to do so. My friend told me he had extra parts from his old build that hes willing to give me.

Here is the list of parts :
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM2Plus/M4N72E/#MSL
Nvidia XFX 9600gt 512mb DDR3
a 500w power supply
optical drive
dual core 3GHZ cpu. cannot tell what it is covered in thermal paste.

All i need is the RAM, HDD, and case. Just want to know if the parts ihave to buy going to be worth it with this build. I'm really just looking for a PC that can run tf2 and other non high end games. like smnc, l4d2 cod 4 cod 5 diablo etc.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
COD4 and COD5 are not high end games?
Sorry to disappoint you, but the list of parts provided by you sucks: CPU - outdated, GPU - outdated, Motherboard - older than my grandma, power supply - too weak. Give us your budget and we'll try to come up with something.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The 9600gt won't run TF2 THAT great. You'll probably get medium settings out of it. If you're only looking to spend like $100 on a new pc case, then I guess you could use the parts. You might have a fun time trying to find RAM for that Mobo still. I can tell you with that Mobo that the CPU is most likely a Phenom II X4 (since it's an AM3 socket, which pretty much only took Phenom's). You'll have to clear the thermal paste and reapply new stuff anyways so I would just clean it off now.

TheGreatBloo

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
What about a EVGA NVIDIA 9500 GT?​
COD4 and COD5 are not high end games?
Sorry to disappoint you, but the list of parts provided by you sucks: CPU - outdated, GPU - outdated, Motherboard - older than my grandma, power supply - too weak. Give us your budget and we'll try to come up with something.
my budget is preety low. Probably around 200 bucks and these parts :/

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
Hmm.. the only game I was able to play was SMNC and I can tell you, that my 9800GT couldn't handle it, even on its lowest settings, hell even my Q6600 (Core 2 Quad) processor couldn't handle it very well. I'm not sure about the other games, but L4D2 is prolly the only one that can be played at a decent frame rate.

I suggest selling those parts on Ebay, see what you can get, and spend it on a more modern PC.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Thats awesome thanks alot.
You are very welcome.
and it looks the set you gave me went back up in price :/. guess i gotta check for those daily deals
With IT deals you cannot procrastinate. If you see a deal and you like it - jump in right away. I'd recommend using Slickdeals (there are a lot of websites like that, but I prefer this one) alerting system so you would be notified about nice deals by email and won't miss them.