Dragontamer

TF2 Admin
Contributor
The argument for friendlying not being allowed on the server I've seen so far is to let others play the objective. without things like a blue helping a red with a sandvich. This makes sense on gamemodes like payload, or custom ones like Saxton Hale, but no one really plays the objective in CTF, and usually I see people go there for sniping or just for the "Team Deathmatch" mode there. Not to mention, barely anyone bothers to report a friendly, so I think this would be a fair idea to let there be the friendlies only on CTF. However there should be no punishment if they are killed, it should be up to the players to kill them, friendly with them, or just ignore them. If they votemenu someone for killing them, then there should be a punishment like always for voteabuse.

bl0

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
The argument for friendlying not being allowed on the server I've seen so far is to let others play the objective. without things like a blue helping a red with a sandvich. This makes sense on gamemodes like payload, or custom ones like Saxton Hale, but no one really plays the objective in CTF, and usually I see people go there for sniping or just for the "Team Deathmatch" mode there. Not to mention, barely anyone bothers to report a friendly, so I think this would be a fair idea to let there be the friendlies only on CTF. However there should be no punishment if they are killed, it should be up to the players to kill them, friendly with them, or just ignore them. If they votemenu someone for killing them, then there should be a punishment like always for voteabuse.

Honestly from my experience of CTF in Turbine, you've got quite the handful of people who do capture the flag and it's quite repetitive with the Spies - Bonk Scouts due to them being mostly new and not understanding they could just do this in Casual instead. Not everyone likes friendlies due to them not contributing to playing the match and helping out with the Team pushing through the Sentries as I've witnessed. (32/32) servers, (24/24) is much more tryhard.

If you want to be friendly, go play on other servers such as Deathmatch or chill' on servers such as Glubbables. (I think that's how you spell it.)

You're essentially just going to annoy people by being friendly in CTF imo. I disagree with this idea, apologies.

Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I think the current rule is fine as it is; players can be friendlying until it becomes a problem with other people, then the friendlies need to play. I've never seen this strictly acted on by staff though I won't deny there are cases of it.

Reactions: RMSniper

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Hard -1, our rule is probably the most balanced take on friendlying. Do what the server does, don't take a player slot if the server is full and you're sitting around dancing. TF2 is a shooter game, shoot people.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
-1. Friendly/Trade servers exist for a reason and friendlying while other people want to play the game just clogs the server to people who want to play.