Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
My work schedule is taking over my life at the moment and I have stopped donating to every community I play (on all games) for the time being due to lack of time. I do however still administrate when I can, primarily on TF2 (probably a few times every few days) - however I have noticed that once my donorship expired I could not connect to servers when I am being PM'd by players that there is a potential rule breaker there due to it being full.

It's not much of a big change and I am not asking for massive perks, but I feel that in order to do our jobs and without being forced to pay for the benefits of administrating, staff on Skial should be able to insta-join servers when full.

There aren't many of us who play at once on one server in particular so I can't imagine this being abused, but would be a massive asset to our work for people in positions like me with crippling time management.

Reactions: ImmaGhost+Bønnie

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
That's weird because I've always been able to connect via the /connect "ip address" command, even if the server is 32/32

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
I think we even override donators if they're currently on the server, but I may be wrong about that one.

uppe-r

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
I just tried, it would not let me. I literally just had to donate £2.99 for 7 days to administrate.
Ooh is that why u were on the main menu for some time while looking into my report?
Also, agree with u on this

Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Ooh is that why u were on the main menu for some time while looking into my report?
Also, agree with u on this
Yeah. I tried to double check the IP, kept telling me the server was full. I donated £2.99 for 7 days and it let me straight in.

Got your report handled though ;)

bl0

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Yeah you recently banned a guy that I mentioned to you via Turbine, was that the server you had problems joining?

Bottiger

Administrator
Admins have reserved slots a long time ago. If it didn't work for you at the time, the server either had 33 players or was not able to connect to the database.