bl0

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
smh can't have a drink unless moaned at by doctors basically.

Zappheus

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
smh can't have a drink unless moaned at by doctors basically.
I don’t think they "moan" at you, to annoy you... rather, they want you to have a good health. Unless, well... you want to kill yourself slowly.
Which is the opposite of medicine, and the whole purpose of consultation.
You think I don't know about alcohol? I know it's dangers I also know how editing a video can be used for propaganda "Propaganda is information that is not objective and is used primarily to influence an audience and further an agenda, often by presenting facts selectively to encourage a particular synthesis or perception" I admit I may be wrong about the religious connotations, having not watched the whole video, but I would guess this guy is an advocate for Sharia law.
I know how editing a video can be used for propaganda. That’s what most journalism is made of, at the end of the day... but, I’d not change my opinion on the small doses part. Perhaps, you could go with my advice and ask your local doctor? Maybe he’ll have a solution/answer for it.

This article, maybe..?

Last edited:

Blade D_Hero

Contributor

By doing a small research on alcohol, you can find that it causes:

• Slurred speech
    Drowsiness
    Vomiting
    Diarrhea
    Upset stomach
    Headaches
    Breathing difficulties
    Distorted vision and hearing
    Impaired judgment
    Decreased perception and coordination
    Unconsciousness
    Anemia (loss of red blood cells)
    Coma
    Blackouts (memory lapses, where the drinker cannot remember events that occurred while under the influence).
The whole purpose of the documentary is to show the opinions of irreligious doctors about alcohol.

None of that is going to happen to somebody who has a drink every once in a while.

Zappheus

None of that is going to happen to somebody who has a drink every once in a while.
Except, these are the short-term effects of it, so it’s the exact opposite of what you said. These are literally the first things that happen, when a person drinks alcohol..

The long term effects are:
  • Diminished gray matter and white matter in the brain.
  • Memory loss.
  • Loss of attention span.
  • Trouble learning.
  • Alcoholic hepatitis.
  • Liver fibrosis.
  • Steatosis (i.e., fatty liver).
  • Throat, mouth, larynx, breast, liver, colorectal, or esophageal cancer.
  • High blood pressure.
  • Cardiomyopathy.
  • Stroke.
  • Irregular heart beat.

Last edited:

Toxik

Contributor
Since we're doing lists, here's a few more for you

Short-term effects of weed:
  • Short-term memory problems
  • Severe anxiety, including fear that one is being watched or followed (paranoia)
  • Very strange behavior, seeing, hearing or smelling things that aren’t there, not being able to tell imagination from reality (psychosis)
  • Panic
  • Hallucinations
  • Loss of sense of personal identity
  • Lowered reaction time
  • Increased heart rate (risk of heart attack)
  • Increased risk of stroke
  • Problems with coordination (impairing safe driving or playing sports)
  • Sexual problems (for males)
  • Up to seven times more likely to contract sexually transmitted infections
    than non-users (for females)

Short-term effects of caffeine:
  • Nervous, dizzy, or irritable
  • Gastrointestinal aches
  • Frequent urination
  • Headaches
  • Muscle tremors
  • Difficulty falling asleep
  • Feeling more alert and active
  • Restlessness, excitability and dizziness
  • Anxiety and irritability
  • Dehydration and needing to urinate more often
  • Higher body temperature
  • Faster breathing and heart rate
  • Headache and lack of concentration
  • Stomach pains
Short-term effects of stress:
  • Headache
  • Muscle Tension/Pain - The muscle tension brought on by stress is a common cause of tension headaches.
  • Chest Pain
  • Racing Heartbeat
  • Fatigue
  • Upset Stomach
  • Spikes in blood pressure
  • Shortness of breath
  • Sweating
  • Increase or decrease in appetite
  • Dry mouth
Short-term effects of sugar:
  • Premature ageing
  • Constant cravings
  • Low energy
  • Unexplained bloating
  • Weakened immune system
  • Insomnia
  • Weight gain
Short-term effects of bad posture:
  • Spinal curve
  • Back pain
  • Body pain
  • Bad digestion
  • Cardiovascular health
  • Varicose veins
  • Falls in the elderly
  • Negative mood
  • See: Sitting at a desk

More lists include nail-biting, holding in farts, eating food with salt/high fat/low fat/high carb/low carb, washing your hair too often, watching TV before bed, exercising before bed, eating before bed, eating before exercise, eating after exercise, holding in sneezes, excessive contact lens wearing.

So, the point I'm getting at is that basically everything you do is bad for you. Yeah, alcohol is bad, but so is almost everything else you do daily without even paying any attention.
Does that mean that it makes drinking alcohol every day fine? No, but it does mean that if you're going to nit-pick and claim alcohol is the root of all problems, you should also take a look at every single little thing you do every day before demonizing one of the issues

TL;DR: everything is bad when you make short/long-term effect lists

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Does taking communion wine every sunday mean you are a social drinker, a regular drinker, a habitual user?

Zappheus

Since we're doing lists, here's a few more for you

Short-term effects of weed:

• Short-term memory problems
    Severe anxiety, including fear that one is being watched or followed (paranoia)
    Very strange behavior, seeing, hearing or smelling things that aren’t there, not being able to tell imagination from reality (psychosis)
    Panic
    Hallucinations
    Loss of sense of personal identity
    Lowered reaction time
    Increased heart rate (risk of heart attack)
    Increased risk of stroke
    Problems with coordination (impairing safe driving or playing sports)
    Sexual problems (for males)
    Up to seven times more likely to contract sexually transmitted infections
    than non-users (for females)

Short-term effects of caffeine:

• Nervous, dizzy, or irritable
    Gastrointestinal aches
    Frequent urination
    Headaches
    Muscle tremors
    Difficulty falling asleep
    Feeling more alert and active
    Restlessness, excitability and dizziness
    Anxiety and irritability
    Dehydration and needing to urinate more often
    Higher body temperature
    Faster breathing and heart rate
    Headache and lack of concentration
    Stomach pains
Short-term effects of stress:

• Headache
    Muscle Tension/Pain - The muscle tension brought on by stress is a common cause of tension headaches.
    Chest Pain
    Racing Heartbeat
    Fatigue
    Upset Stomach
    Spikes in blood pressure
    Shortness of breath
    Sweating
    Increase or decrease in appetite
    Dry mouth
Short-term effects of sugar:

• Premature ageing
    Constant cravings
    Low energy

• Unexplained bloating

• Weakened immune system

• Insomnia

• Weight gain
Short-term effects of bad posture:

• Spinal curve
    Back pain
    Body pain
    Bad digestion
    Cardiovascular health
    Varicose veins
    Falls in the elderly
    Negative mood
    See: Sitting at a desk

More lists include nail-biting, holding in farts, eating food with salt/high fat/low fat/high carb/low carb, washing your hair too often, watching TV before bed, exercising before bed, eating before bed, eating before exercise, eating after exercise, holding in sneezes, excessive contact lens wearing.

So, the point I'm getting at is that basically everything you do is bad for you. Yeah, alcohol is bad, but so is almost everything else you do daily without even paying any attention.
Does that mean that it makes drinking alcohol every day fine? No, but it does mean that if you're going to nit-pick and claim alcohol is the root of all problems, you should also take a look at every single little thing you do every day before demonizing one of the issues

TL;DR: everything is bad when you make short/long-term effect lists
I never denied that alcohol/drugs have good effects. But, if you ask anyone, doctor (or normal person) he will tell you that the negatives are worse/more than the positives. Short-term, long-term, small doses or large doses.

Zappheus

Does taking communion wine every sunday mean you are a social drinker, a regular drinker, a habitual user?
I’m not a Christian, so... you may ask your.. priest? However, to me, it seems no different than normal wine. The only difference is the religious label, I suppose.

Zappheus

No, but it does mean that if you're going to nit-pick and claim alcohol is the root of all problems, you should also take a look at every single little thing you do every day before demonizing one of the issues
That’s definitely not what I’d say. But, denying it either way isn’t good. In the UK, over 1 million emergency cases yearly are due to the consumption of alcohol.

Profile_Name

Uncharitable Spy
You seem to be forgetting the blood alcohol levels required for the short-term effects that actually pose any risk and that those short-term effects are temporary, and that slurred speech is an indicator rather than an actual health issue considering it's only there until you're no longer under the influence, and that I don't think anyone here has talked about drinking liver-damaging amounts of alcohol at all. No idea what you're getting so riled up about with all this that you need to nearly 10 posts in the span of a few days about this.

Zappheus

No idea what you're getting so riled up about with all this that you need to nearly 10 posts in the span of a few days about this.
We’re talking and debating... why do you think I’m riled up? I’m simply replying to the posts of the members here. Sorry if I sound mad (or riled up), but I’m not.

Reactions: Maddo

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I’m not a Christian, so... you may ask your.. priest? However, to me, it seems no different than normal wine. The only difference is the religious label, I suppose.
I'm not christian either, I follow no religion, I cherry pick teachings from all religions and science. I get a sense that you are close to the Islamic faith, not that any of that has a bearing on the effects of alcohol on the body.
No idea what you're getting so riled up about with all this that you need to nearly 10 posts in the span of a few days about this.
Conversation is good, polarised opinions are needed in this world as is finding common ground.

Reactions: Toxik

bl0

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
I don’t think they "moan" at you, to annoy you... rather, they want you to have a good health. Unless, well... you want to kill yourself slowly.
Which is the opposite of medicine, and the whole purpose of consultation.

If you handle your health well and don't go absolutely nuts with alcohol then I see no fuss what-so-ever, yeah you can point out the flaws of the drink but you're completely outnumbered ten to one if you think people should stop all together. I myself am not a drinker, but I'll have a couple with friends once every two - three months depending if I'm not busy with work half of the time.

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
Shout-out to the time my friend's weed habit triggered his latent schizophrenia.

Roman Catholics may argue none of these due to transubstantiation. As for the Orthodox, we are krunk 24/7.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Shout-out to the time my friend's weed habit triggered his latent schizophrenia.
There's rumour abound in the online circles I adhere to, that this is a symptom of weed being weaponized. Cases like these are more prevalent nowadays, but I believe this is paranoia, also a symptom of excessive weed abuse. I would tend to agree with science on this one, weed users are getting younger and stronger weed has a more profound/formative effect on the developing mind triggering psychosis in late teens - early twenties. Hope your friend doesn't end up going down the psychotherapy route.
Roman Catholics may argue none of these due to transubstantiation. As for the Orthodox, we are krunk 24/7.
It was more a rhetorical question, but hey now we are here, JC did turn water into wine, so it must be ok to partake in the eyes of christianity.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
That’s definitely not what I’d say. But, denying it either way isn’t good. In the UK, over 1 million emergency cases yearly are due to the consumption of alcohol.
If you're gonna pretend that even a single one of those cases is from someone having one glass of wine, shot of whiskey, or bottle of beer, then I'm pretty sure you are looking way too literally at the list of "short-term effects." When they say that, they don't mean "you're gonna sound like a drunk Irishmen and stumble all over the floor" after drinking a Pabst. It's moreso talking about drinking enough alcohol to reach a certain BAC level and the side-effects of doing so.

Hell, professional shooters are banned from drinking before their events because one glass of alcohol can actually help them focus more. Obviously they won't have the same benefits if they drink four or five glasses, but you're vastly overestimating the amount of alcohol needed to cause any lasting problems, short or long-term.

Reactions: Toxik