Alcohol and Intoxicants

Discussion in 'General' started by Zappheus, May 17, 2019.

1. Zappheus

Zappheus Truly Feared Pyro

Steam:

Apart from religion (and I am not religious anyway)... But, speaking from a medical point of view, alcohol (intoxicants) are very bad for your health.

It creates holes in your brain, that prevent blood from reaching parts of it, and it causes the brain to shrink, and the damage nerves to deform (and become malformed).

Also, causing the pancreas to lose its digestive function, which in turn causes pain (from eating) due to infections.

The liver also becomes 'fatty' (more like, fibrosis) and could lead to failure.

There was a young woman in her twenties (I saw in a video), that lost her liver due to over drinking. As I first saw her, I thought she was pregnant! But, apparently, it was due to the liver not being able to do its functioning. Leading to fluid accumulating which gives her such appearance. And she must go to the hospital every few weeks, to relieve herself from this fluid. She can accumulate up to 23 liters at once!

Stay away from alcohol, kids. I’m not speaking from a religions viewpoint as I said before, just an advice, unless you want a brain full of holes, a pain while eating and a belly like that of pregnant women, or a dysfunctional liver.

(A picture of how the woman looks, should be here).

[​IMG]

Good luck!

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Metroidz

Metroidz Australian Skial God

Steam:

Can't have holes in your brain if you don't have a brain to begin with.

*Taps unborn fetus forehead*

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Feral Angel

Feral Angel TF2 Admin

Steam:

Where’s the link to the video

4. Zappheus

Steam:

Here’s the full episode. Subtitled, annotated and translated.

If you’re "surprised" as to, why this person is speaking Arabic, then I’ll explain. In sum, this is a ten year old program, where this person travels to other countries, and visits them (e.g., the US or Japan) and shows their culture, folklore and/or chronicled history.

This episode is about alcohol, speaks from a medical viewpoint, and shows the overall history (of it) in the US and UK.

And here’s another one for you.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Feral Angel

Feral Angel TF2 Admin

Steam:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Zappheus

Steam:

No worries. Share your opinion after watching. I’m interested!

7. Cream Tea

Cream Tea Legendary Skial King Legendary Mapper

Steam:

why would anybody waste money on alcohol think of all the tf2 keys you could buy with that money instead

8. Zappheus

Steam:

Ignorance!

9. Maddo

Maddo Gaben's Own Aimbot Contributor

Steam:

I'm living proof that alcohol is bad news.Booze has caused me nothing but misery and pain.
    I am what's classed as a high functioning alcoholic, meaning I can hold down jobs of high responsibility, whereas many people cease to function performing the simplest of daily tasks through alcoholism.
    I am also an alcoholic that binges. I can go through 3 full bottles of vodka a day for 3-4 days then abstain for months, rinse and repeat.
    I honestly don't know how I'm still alive after the punishment I've put my body through.
    Cirrhosis of the liver is a prolific effect of alcohol, it causes your liver to become perforated and shrink, your body becomes full of poison, you die... it's not called a liver for no reason.
    Booze is only legal for one reason... tax dollars.
    Some people never have a problem with alcohol, but as they say, "when it cost's you more than money, you have a problem"
    I truly hope that none of you ever have to find out how bad this shit is the hard way.

10. Zappheus

Steam:

My prayers, friend. I made this thread, so I can warn others of its harms.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. Maddo

Maddo Gaben's Own Aimbot Contributor

Steam:

My respect for you has gone up tenfold.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice