• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
I always appreciated that you get to know people and become friends with regulars, whereas casual and competitive modes throw you in with randoms every time.

Metroidz

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Also from what I remember, hackers that are kicked from the server can just come back in. There's no permabans or admins as community servers had.

That's the foremost reason I always ever stuck with community or skial servers.

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
Also from what I remember, hackers that are kicked from the server can just come back in. There's no permabans or admins as community servers had.

That's the foremost reason I always ever stuck with community or skial servers.
Just having a server with SMAC + IP bans is infinitely better than putting up with dogshit VAC, banning aimbotters anywhere between 30 minutes and never.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I tried playing on some Valve servers for the first time in what must of been 2-3 years to do some pyro contracts

There's lots of shots not registering and all sorts of wacky shit going on with the netcode on those servers. I've never had any problems similar to that on Skial servers leading me to believe Valve runs some cheap servers

Valve servers also feel really depressing to me. People rarely talk and there's no sense of community there.

I know most people don't hop into games to make friends but I've been playing TF2 since 2008, the sense of community grows on you making it hard to play on Valve servers after so many years of playing community servers

Dutch

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
There's one thing I've learned in my time. VAC, Valve Allows Cheating.