• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

Bonzane

Mildly Menacing Medic
urceComms] ADMIN: Issued an extended silence on Bonzane for 1440 minutes (reason: Spam).

I called a vote to mute and gag someone that was doing the earrape thing as engineer where they repeatedly start a taunt to create a loud high-pitched sound that everyone can hear. It is impossible to mute these people so I was hoping calling a mute and gag would get them to stop. However, an admin cancelled the vote and muted me for 24 hours. No warning, no reason, didn't pay attention at all. I think there should be a way to mute these people who go into areas in the spawn (like off the edge of the resupply cabinet where they can taunt but nobody can kill or join them) and start doing this because people do this just to earrape everyone in or near spawn. It can be heard by people in both spawns of trade portal because the spawns are near each other.

P.S, the vote had much more yes than no and the admin still muted me.

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
You were not silenced for no reason

Flygineer is allowed. Calling a votesilence against someone for it is abuse and violates our rules

You can sit the silence out for a day or appeal your ban properly here

Bonzane

Mildly Menacing Medic
1. Why is that allowed for the sake of the server
2. Why is that allowed for the sake of the player
3. It is still an unfair mute

the only way to stop it is to leave the server and find a different one. If they want to taunt as flygineer, then they dont have to keep restarting the kazotsky kick. The only possible purpose that could ever serve is to earrape the other players.

The problem isn't the mute, I can wait that off, but I just don't want to have to be earraped by an unmutable basically micspam when I want to trade.

Last edited:

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
It is completely fair

If you break our rules, you will be punished accordingly. You can sit the silence out for the duration or appeal, although it's only for a day.

I'm done here

Feral Angel

TF2 Admin
Contributor
urceComms] ADMIN: Issued an extended silence on Bonzane for 1440 minutes (reason: Spam).

I called a vote to mute and gag someone that was doing the earrape thing as engineer where they repeatedly start a taunt to create a loud high-pitched sound that everyone can hear. It is impossible to mute these people so I was hoping calling a mute and gag would get them to stop. However, an admin cancelled the vote and muted me for 24 hours. No warning, no reason, didn't pay attention at all. I think there should be a way to mute these people who go into areas in the spawn (like off the edge of the resupply cabinet where they can taunt but nobody can kill or join them) and start doing this because people do this just to earrape everyone in or near spawn. It can be heard by people in both spawns of trade portal because the spawns are near each other.

P.S, the vote had much more yes than no and the admin still muted me.

It isn’t allowed if it’s being spammed continuously. So making the vote was fair but I did not handle your mute.

Bonzane

Mildly Menacing Medic
It isn’t allowed if it’s being spammed continuously. So making the vote was fair but I did not handle your mute.
Ok, I feel like the other mod didn't really understand what I was saying, that I'm not mad about the mute but just upset that earrape was allowed but muting people who do it was an instant mute (completely fair?). Didn't mean anything negative towards anyone by saying that. I will just wait out the mute.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
Ok, I feel like the other mod didn't really understand what I was saying, that I'm not mad about the mute but just upset that earrape was allowed but muting people who do it was an instant mute (completely fair?). Didn't mean anything negative towards anyone by saying that. I will just wait out the mute.
You are completely in the right here. I have kicked people for spamming the flygineer taunt because yes, it is spam and it is very detrimental to our server since there's nothing you can do about it except endure the noise. I equate it to intel spam since it's a loud, obnoxious noise that is basically almost mic spam.

Since I didn't do the silence and am not aware of the full story here, I unfortunately can't unsilence you because there's no hard evidence to show the vote wasn't called for something else. Not to say I don't believe you, but just want to be on the safe side. However, future punishments against you for this reason should not occur.

Reactions: Link and Bonzane