• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

John_

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
I'm just asking (before I report and people literally lose their shit) can an admin be minimized and stand outside the enemy spawn a whole round?
He did stab one once (as minimized).
The feeling I get when admins behave childish is not "fresh".

Player:
Boredom2013 [U:1:106160958]

ps. no evidence. I'm just asking here.

• Dumb
Reactions: Jermaphobe

gala

TF2 Admin
Contributor
I'm just asking (before I report and people literally lose their shit) can an admin be minimized and stand outside the enemy spawn a whole round?
He did stab one once (as minimized).
The feeling I get when admins behave childish is not "fresh".

Player:
Boredom2013 [U:1:106160958]

ps. no evidence. I'm just asking here.
Thats not an admin

John_

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Oh.
He used admin chat (middle of screen stuff). And because it says Admin: <says> I guess he also impersonate an admin.
I'll try to record some evidence.

(also forgot to specify server: payload US 32+)

John_

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Can't you check the server log to see when Boredom2013 used admin chat? If so, isn't that evidence?
He also used admin command like fire (burn?).

gala

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Can't you check the server log to see when Boredom2013 used admin chat? If so, isn't that evidence?
He also used admin command like fire (burn?).
You can look up our sourcebans admin list and see for yourself that he has never been staff here

98p3wUe.png

Inferno Lord

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Before you go dragging me into this nonsense, I already told you there is no friendly rule. If you would kindly refer to our rules and actually read that you’d understand that. All I did was jump onto a rock and become small to get some laughs out of the server members then cloaked away. In that short amount of time you went out of your way claim me breaking the rules? 99% of the players on that server have had no issue with me. The server was 29/32 and as far as I checked I did not kill anyone with intention or misused my abilities in a way that was detrimental to my team. I have multiple people who were on that server with me who can back me up on this. The second you had a problem with it I went back to normal and began fragging again. If you can bring anyone else who had a problem with me then kindly refer them to this forum. The only person I killed prior to that exchange was a tele frag and I checked in with that player personally and they had no problem with it. I’m well aware of our rules and regulations. I know the extent of where I may joke around and where I may not. I’ve read through all the expectations thoroughly and if you find my short use of a command to get a laugh out of a couple players as abuse the I’m sorry to say but that’s a bit petty.

On a side note, I never stabbed anyone while small. I never used the burn command that’s a straight lie, vanilla doesn’t allow the burn command. Every command I used I used strictly on my self in moderation and with careful responsibility.

John_

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Looking through the chat logs from what you say it being from a Payload US 32+ and something related to a Spy, There was a Admin typing in the chat logs which would be Inferno Lord ([U:1:146724953]) around the time of this log.

Would this be what you're referring to?
Yes. And his answer was something like "maybe?".

I'm sorry to accuse Boredom2013 by mistake. Sorry.

Inferno Lord:

From the Skial tf2 server rules:
  • Friendlying is not allowed on custom game mode servers except for idle and trade.

I don't know about admin rules to minimize yourself for laughs.

When I question if it's ok for an admin to do what you did several of the other players did expressed dissatisfaction with me even thinking of asking on the forum. Someone said "noo he's our mascot". But I don't see how that's relevant (I've played with obvious cheaters and spammers and other players voiced that they wanted that player to stay. I don't think that's a reliable quality marker).

The backstab I referred to was probably not you, it was maybe Boredom2013, hence I thought him was you, my bad.

The burn command was on pl_breadspace, the map before pl_borneo. Something like "Admin set burn radie 0.4".

I'm not trying to be mean to anyone. Just trying to defend the standard of the servers.

Last edited:

Inferno Lord

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Yes. And his answer was something like "maybe?".

I'm sorry to accuse Boredom2013 by mistake. Sorry.

Inferno Lord:

From the Skial tf2 server rules:
  • Friendlying is not allowed on custom game mode servers except for idle and trade.

I don't know about admin rules to minimize yourself for laughs.

When I question if it's ok for an admin to do what you did several of the other players did expressed dissatisfaction with me even thinking of asking on the forum. Someone said "noo he's our mascot". But I don't see how that's relevant (I've played with obvious cheaters and spammers and other players voiced that they wanted that player to stay. I don't think that's a reliable quality marker).

The backstab I referred to was probably not you, it was maybe Boredom2013, hence I thought him was you, my bad.

The burn command was on pl_breadspace, the map before pl_borneo. Something like "Admin set burn radie 0.4".

I'm not trying to be mean to anyone. Just trying to defend the standard of the servers.

I understand your point John, but I would be more mindful. The skial friendly rule only applies to Customs now, Vanilla friendly rule was removed due to mass backlash. I’m sorry for the confusion but I tried telling you over admin chat as to retain anonymity which also why I was under an alias. You must have mistook my fire related name earlier because when I joined I was in setup just teasing some regulars who were friends by using a small box trot. It did not affect anyone outside of the game and I am always careful not to ever kill or hamper the enemy but even then I’ve primarily played seriously on the servers and I’ve only used the resize command strictly for the occasional laugh. I am still fairly new on the staff but ive spent extensive time asking what is and isn’t ok.

It just greatly disappointed me to hear you call me out for misuse. The resize command doesn’t have rules, it’s a fun command but fun commands are to be used with expressed caution and not to affect fellow players unless they themselves directly ask but even then I wouldn't do it. I was told exactly that it is a command to only use for the right crowd and the second you said you disliked it was no longer 100%, I swapped off of resize and returned to the game for you as to show good faith but you left.

I thank you for looking out for the standards of our servers but I too also take very deep care in how I treat my position as it was a long process. I do maintain my duties even when I’m joking around and have done so with extreme care. I’m sorry my joke wasn’t welcomed I’ll make sure to be very very limiting in the future.

Again if there’s anyone else you feel was poorly affected please let me or other staff know and I shall take the care to amend it personally. I only did it because the server was ok with me doing the joke as soon as someone isn’t ok I take care and cease my joking. Some of those players simply responded probably because they found me funny and liked the small gag.

Last edited:

brd

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
As someone who was in the server for the entire Badwater and Borneo (I think Breadspace, too) map duration that Inferno was in, I'd like to butt in.

The entire server was toying and playing with Inferno resized all game. Not a single person complained or said anything negative about it. It was all in good fun. Chat logs would prove this during the entire duration of those maps up until John joined. Inferno wasn't killing anybody or negatively impacting the game. He was only resized, walking around the map and interacting with people that came up to him.

John, you'd joined during the Borneo transition and made a comment about Inferno affecting the team negatively. As soon as you'd complained about Inferno's size, he did resize and was playing the game just fine afterwards. You'd joined, complained, and immediately left afterwards. You saw no resolution because you'd left after that.

I understand you're frustrated about it and we all can see it can negatively impact the team if nobody wanted him there, but it had been going on for maybe an hour or more without anybody complaining. We all enjoyed it. You're in your right to protect the standards of the server, but I think this just wasn't as big of an issue as you'd brought it to be.