Status
Not open for further replies.

uppe-r

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
Servers:
MILITARY AREA | EU, SAXTON HALE | EU, TURBINE+ | EU
Time:
around 2pm — 10pm GMT (or GMT+1, depends if it ain’t summer)
Link to your Stats Page:
Playing Time:
2009:26:39 hrs. About 2.5 months… holy shit.
Will you get mad if you lose admin?:
REEEEEEEEE nah I’m coo with it. No worries, i’ll keep playin’ here
How do you ban yourself using your own SteamID?:
sm_ban "#[U:1:110711308]" "30" "Obvious Aimbot"
Any other reason you should be admin:
Hi, sup.
You probably know me already, or have seen me or whatever. I’m the coolest dude you’ve heard about and you wish you’d date me. :grimacing:
For real now, I’ve been around for quite a while now (7 years looks like, jesus) and I’ve always enjoyed Skial more than other communities. Probably due to having a bunch friends that played here since the beginning - ahh, the good ol’ times.

Anyhow, I’ve always somewhat given a shit about rule breakers, but in recent months or even a full year, I’ve given an even bigger shit, as you can see from my bunch of reports, although a bunch of others were made directly to admins such as Sniffy, Jerma, Luke (aawww miss mah boi luke), etc. since that is more… private… when reporting… friends

I ain’t allowin rule breakers on my

In some of those reports, the admins weren’t that fast on handling the report. I know everyone has a life and all, but I remember more than once going like 40+ mins without a resolution to my report - this doesn’t happen nowadays I should say, cause Jerma’s a fast fuck.
May sound dumb and all, but I really got no other reason than what I presented and the fact that it makes me somewhat happy to improve the servers to other players (and myself included, ofc).
It’s really just a question of doing justice and… expecting nothing in return.

I’ve been an admin on a Minecraft server too (don’t even remember its name, I was a kiddo :babychick:), a moderator in a Twitch streamer’s channel and the respective Discord (you might remember LadyPimpernel, or however u knew her - we were p good friends), and I’m currently an admin on Tea Servers Discord

I’m also quite a very playful person. I say a lot of shit, as you might’ve noticed already in this admin app - a serious thing, and I’m somewhat saying shit all over it, or even my chat logs with friends when you look at them. But that’s just me, really, even IRL. I always joke about everything, even if it’s serious. It’s my way to face life - with a fucking laugh.
I also use a lot of lennyfaces I might say, cz all the cool kids do it.
( ͡◉ ͜ʖ ͡◉)
Even like so, whenever the time comes to be serious reporting people, informing admins about rulebreakers, the seriousness kicks in.

I simply do not think someone’s maturity or responsibility or whatever is measured by chat logs. They’re chat logs in a game, when emotions are flowing, ADRENALINE IS PUMPING (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

And after seeing the support I got on my profile post thing, I was sure I should “try my luck” with making an app. I’ve been in here for far too long to not give this a shot. I report a lotta people, I know ‘em rules, I donate sometimes ($$$$$), I’m dope af and I just feel that I would make the difference. I would be a good addition to the admin team.
I also heard there’s a lot of drama on the admin chat so I want in.

So yeah, this is it.
~~~The end~~~

P.S. to feral: didn’t use that word you told me not to use
P.S. to darkian: i promise i wont airblast u anymoar!1111 100% legit
P.S. to blade: u cant take away others points muahahah… right?… RIGHT?!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Cream Tea

True Darkian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
(After all those years, I realized I never connected my forums account to steam)

What can I say about upper here?
  • Upper knows the rules and follows them, Making a nice clean report for the people that do not.
  • Upper is not afraid to report/punish his closest friends when his friends do break the rules.
  • Upper has years of experience in Skial TF2, mostly VSH EU.
Having him to be an admin will make sure he can enforce the rules on the Skial servers in a much faster way than reporting, making sure offenders have no chance of ruining the fun of the players.

+1

zaf

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
-rep
He might have loads of game time and made a few friends, but at the other hand tons of people find him extremely annoying and can't stand him. It's quite obvious he enjoys being annoying and generally being a pain in the ass.
Honestly just look at his chat history and you'll see he's unfit for admin. He's way too immature and quite toxic too.

Constantly spams, calls people gay, tells people to suck his cock and even says weird shit like he'll suck his OWN cock. Too be honest even his playstyle shows off his personality, either he's AFK or runs around as pyro spamming M2, which usually ends up with him calling the hale a cunt or gay for solo raging him.

It's always good being "playful" or whatever, but upper is simply just a bit too much.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

uppe-r

Contributor
Thanks for your comment @zaf, below I address every point I thought I should:

-rep
He might have loads of game time and made a few friends, but at the other hand tons of people find him extremely annoying and can't stand him.
I wouldn’t consider them “few” to be honest, they’re quite a lot. Anyhow, some people might find me annoying yes, such as you, but that is why the mute function exists on TF2, block on Discord, etc. For example, I have you muted on TF2 :)

Honestly just look at his chat history and you'll see he's unfit for admin. He's way too immature and quite toxic too.
I addressed this in my app too, I do not think a chat history is indicative of someone’s maturity. Heck, when I was in school or working at a consulting company, next to my colleagues I would be literally wild, while in class or next to clients I’d be a totally different person. I know well to separate both worlds, and I believe that can also by seen by admins I’ve reported people too. I don’t think I ever came to Jerma or Sniffy calling them shit, or telling them to suck my cock and ban someone or anything like that.
Different things, you’re comparing me in a game in which I find myself super “into” with something that is way more serious than the game itself.

Too be honest even his playstyle shows off his personality, either he's AFK or runs around as pyro spamming M2, which usually ends up with him calling the hale a cunt or gay for solo raging him.
Confirm this, yes. It is allowed tho, I never broke any rule on those moments. If people didn’t like (never saw someone showing they didn’t, and if they did I would apologize) they could always mute me.

Last edited:

zaf

Thanks for your comment @zaf, below I address every point I thought I should:

I wouldn’t consider them “few” to be honest, they’re quite a lot. Anyhow, some people might find me annoying yes, such as you, but that is why the mute function exists on TF2, block on Discord, etc. For example, I have you muted on TF2 :)

I addressed this in my app too, I do not think a chat history is indicative of someone’s maturity. Heck, when I was in school or working at a consulting company, next to my colleagues I would be literally wild, while in class or next to clients I’d be a totally different person. I know well to separate both worlds, and I believe that can also by seen by admins I’ve reported people too. I never came to Jerma or Sniffy calling them shit, or telling them to suck my cock and ban someone or anything like that.
Different things, you’re comparing me in a game in which I find myself super “into” with something that is way more serious than the game itself.

Confirm this, yes. It is allowed tho, I never broke any rule on those moments. If people didn’t like (never saw someone showing they didn’t, and if they did I would apologize) they could always mute me.

I don't see how you think the way you appear, act and how others perceive you in game is unimportant, as this is where you're going to be of admin status. People should not have to mute you, because of the way you act especially when you're an admin.

Yes, i agree everything you do is allowed according to the rules, yet that does not make you suitable for admin.
I think the way an admin acts both inside and outside of the game is quite important. That's just one of the downsides of being an admin.

uppe-r

Contributor
I don't see how you think the way you appear, act and how others perceive you in game is unimportant, as this is where you're going to be of admin status. People should not have to mute you, because of the way you act especially when you're an admin.

Yes, i agree everything you do is allowed according to the rules, yet that does not make you suitable for admin.
I do not think the way I look when I’m playing around with friends matters as much as when I (hopefully) am on “admin work”. I just don’t. Maybe I’d need to change a few things? Sure, but apart from that, I never broke any rule related to my chat logs. They might be “wild”, but they’re still well within the rules.

zaf

I do not think the way I look when I’m playing around with friends matters as much as when I (hopefully) am on “admin work”. I just don’t. Maybe I’d need to change a few things? Sure, but apart from that, I never broke any rule related to my chat logs. They might be “wild”, but they’re still well within the rules.
I repeat, even though all the bullshit you spam is allowed according to the rules, no admin should act like that.
Also you don't only talk shit to "friends", but to many others too such as myself

uppe-r

Contributor
I repeat, even though all the bullshit you spam is allowed according to the rules, no admin should act like that.
I don’t spam anything… That isn’t considered spam…
Anyhow, respect your opinion. Thanks for taking the time to leave it in here :blush:

zaf

I don’t spam anything… That isn’t considered spam…
Anyhow, respect your opinion. Thanks for taking the time to leave it in here :blush:
"Respect your opinion" Yes, you're very good at playing nice, when it's needed.
However i can easily point out a few places in your chat history where 10 messages+ in capslock appear in the matter of seconds

uppe-r

Contributor
"Respect your opinion" Yes, you're very good at playing nice, when it's needed.
However i can easily point out a few places in your chat history where 10 messages+ in capslock appear in the matter of seconds
im pretty sure sending different messages in caps lock in a (good) matter of seconds isn’t considered spamming?

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
That’s why it’s in small letters.
Just wanted to put something funny in this serious place :blush:
Since you put effort into writing out the why you should be admin section, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Alright, time to get serious.

From what I've read of your stats you like to shitpost. It makes me question how well you will behave in situations where you need to put your role as admin as priority when a bunch of nonsense is going on in the server. As an admin, you need to be able to be mature and handle all kind of feedback from players as calm, collected, and professional. An admin that is aggressive, condescending, and generally immature towards other players. An admin that breaks the rules or selectively enforces the rules they're supposed to be enforcing is a useless admin.I would prefer you tone down the lenny binds and not do the above mentioned by zaf. It is evident you want to contribute and I don't see any reason not to give you a chance.

However, I'll remain neutral until later, I'll +1 or -1 based on how your responses are for the remainder of this application, and your behavior in game.

Reactions: uppe-r

zaf

https://imgur.com/a/e9hFZzC
This is a private message i received from upper after being banned from the skial servers for 1 day. Another reason why he's too immature.
Imagine him doing this to other people he doesn't like after banning or muting them.

uppe-r

Contributor
https://imgur.com/a/e9hFZzC
This is a private message i received from upper after being banned from the skial servers for 1 day. Another reason why he's too immature.
Imagine him doing this to other people he doesn't like after banning or muting them.
1. those are private messages, but whatever.
2. from what i see on discord history, could’ve well been because I heard your voice for the first time, which makes more sense? I even talked about your voice saying something.
3. nowhere in that chat history with you i talk about the ban
4. Knowing myself so well, I would've done it the same day if i was talking about the ban. But I just wouldn’t do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.