Servers:
2FORT | LA
Time:
M-F 1100 to 1300/S-S As needed
Link to your Stats Page:
Playing Time:
I have 900Hrs hours on server 12Hrs AFK
Will you get mad if you lose admin?:
I would not, I don't own any of this and i'm just to hear and want to help. if i'm not needed then i'm not needed.
How do you ban yourself using your own SteamID?:
"sm_ban 76561198009810231 30 Aimbot"("" is just for the example)
Any other reason you should be admin:
I don't feel i should be admin but i would like to be admin to help the community. I have some experience as admin and will enforce the rules as they are written or explained to me. I want everyone to enjoy the game as much as possible but not at the expense of ruining the game for other players.​

Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
When I look at applications I look at 3 things;

You have adequate hours played
Your chatlogs appear clean as is your ban/mute history

Your application is severely lacking.

I'd like you to beef it up, once you have I might upvote. For now I am -1, it almost feels like you can't be bothered. Being staff takes effort.

Reactions: uppe-r and soo

soo

TF2 Admin
Contributor

You are using the steamid64 for your ban question which is the wrong format and to my knowledge won't work with the command. Take a look at other applications to get an idea of what is needed.

Also as upper had pointed out, if you don't feel like you should be an admin then you are likely not suited for the role. It just seems low effort in my opinion.

Last edited:

Pyrodidathing

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
Saying I "should" be an admin feels self entitled to me. Skial owes me nothing so i should not be making any demands. Is the mindset behind that statement. I don't feel i should be an admin, but i would love to be an admin to help out the community. I hope that clears things up. As to the Ban command I've only ever used in game SM_Admin and used the ban command from there. I believe this is what you are wanting though "sm_ban STEAM_1:1:24772251 30 Aimbot". I ran my own TF2 CTF_DoubleCross server for about a year, only reason i stopped was the PC i was using pooped out on me. After that I started off as an MOD for GRIM servers and after a few months became a admin for their 2Fort server under Joe Biden. He knows me as Sound, which is my steam name. I also ran my own RUST servers for what its worth. If you have any more questions or need anything please let me know.

uppe-r

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
Saying I "should" be an admin feels self entitled to me. Skial owes me nothing so i should not be making any demands. Is the mindset behind that statement. I don't feel i should be an admin, but i would love to be an admin to help out the community. I hope that clears things up. As to the Ban command I've only ever used in game SM_Admin and used the ban command from there. I believe this is what you are wanting though "sm_ban STEAM_1:1:24772251 30 Aimbot". I ran my own TF2 CTF_DoubleCross server for about a year, only reason i stopped was the PC i was using pooped out on me. After that I started off as an MOD for GRIM servers and after a few months became a admin for their 2Fort server under Joe Biden. He knows me as Sound, which is my steam name. I also ran my own RUST servers for what its worth. If you have any more questions or need anything please let me know.
How about you say "I would love to be an admin to help out the community" without the "I don't feel i should be an admin" part?

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
You have decent chat, and are a long-standing member of the servers. Your application is bare-boned, but not bare enough to not even give you my opinion.
I can understand your viewpoint, it can come off as entitled depending on the attitude or context of the situation. In this application, you've displayed neither arrogance or entitlement.

With that said, you need to show to us that you can be a confident member of our team. So far you have shown little confidence in your application, and indirectly, yourself. I believe you have the heart to help the community, but you lack confidence. Have you reported rule breakers to admins in the past? Regarding the ban question and possibly other questions you may be curious about, look through the Approved admin applications.

TL;DR
+ Long-standing member of the servers
+ Clean chat and punishment history
+ Genuine interest in benefiting the community

- Bare-boned application
- Lack of Confidence in application

I would like to see how this application develops before giving or retracting my support. If you have buddies on the servers who would support you for admin, direct them here to show their support.

Reactions: Toxik

Pyrodidathing

Contributor
I can say that and have said that. I was just following the format of the question itself. A habit I've picked up in my line of work. If any part of the question is missed then some confusion can come into play. Unfortunately addressing every part of the question here has back fired. I would love to be an admin for skial and help out the community as a whole while maintaining integrity in the game and among the players. If you would like i can hop into a voice chat on discord and we can talk on there a little more.

With that said i will look through the approved applications to get a better idea of what you are asking for. As to my experience, only thing i didn't list above are ConanExiles and space engineers servers that i run.

Pyrodidathing

Contributor
That's enough to make me -1. No point in you being an admin if you can't even put enough effort in your application.
I'm not sure why your still saying this after I've put forth the effort to explain why i said what i said. At this point i feel you're just trying to troll the poll.

Pyrodidathing

Contributor
Your attitude isn't helping, either.
I'm not sure what you mean by attitude either, I'm stating my confusion to your statement even though i explained why i said what i said in previous post. i am still looking through other approved admin posts to get a better idea of what was asked for. I will say it again though, Following the format of the question i stated that i don't feel i should be admin as that feels like a self entitled statement. I am requesting admin in the sense that i feel that i can help the community as a whole either helping players with issues or helping maintain server stability from toxic players and/or hackers.

I make sure if I'm going to use any admin commands that i am 100% percent certain that the person about to receive gag/mute/kick or ban is in the wrong. I will give them a chance to fix themselves (unless its hacking or racism) if they don't then i will engage accordingly using whatever is stipulated as the ROE for such matters. I am 100% against against racism,sexual harassment and bullying. I am also against admin abuse. Due to a few mods and admins in my last community the whole thing was ruined and the player base left and never returned. So i have seen how that plays out. I will never share my political views while in game. That's not what i'm there for. I will uphold server rules to the letter. i will always remain neutral and never show favoritism. I will never get angry while in game. I play this game to relax. My occupation has helped me develop some pretty thick skin and a rough sense of humor. I'm older than most that play on the server but not all. I act like an adult while playing like a kid.

Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I understand where you are coming from with the whole "I don't think I should be an admin" as you don't want to be "self entitled" but it's really not necessary to put that in your app. If you didn't think you should be an admin you would not have applied to begin with.

The normal format for decent applications in my experience is;
"Hi, I'm X
I want to apply for an admin position because X
I have previous experience in X
My personal qualities which would help me be a decent administrator are X"

I hope this helps. There is still time to redeem yourself. Edit your original post with your application or reply below again, beef it up and remove the irrelevant parts, then you maybe considered.
@Pyrodidathing

Pyrodidathing

Contributor
Servers:
2FORT | LA
Time:
M-F 1100 to 1300/S-S As needed (0800-2100)
Link to your Stats Page:
https://stats.skial.com/#player/tf/49544503
Playing Time:

I have 900Hrs hours on server 12Hrs AFK
Will you get mad if you lose admin?:
I would not, I would just be glad i got to help the community.
How do you ban yourself using your own SteamID?:
"sm_ban STEAM_1:1:24772251 30 Aimbot" ("" is just for the example)
Any other reason you should be admin:
Hello all, you can call me Sound, I would like to be admin since i feel i can help maintain stability and fare game play while also keeping harassment/bullying out of the servers using my previous experience either running my own servers or maintain previous TF2 community rules. I've been running my own servers off and on for about five years now and i was in my previous community for about three. I treat everyone equal, no one gets special treatment. I will never abuse any admin privileges given to me, I've seen what it can do to a community. I will give people a chance to fix themselves unless hacking or racism is involved. If i'm not 100% certain then i don't mind asking for help or opinions when it comes to hacking. I know some players are good enough that it is hard to tell. I would never get upset over losing any position given to me. I don't own anything here and skial owes me nothing. I would just be glad that i even got a chance to help the community. I like a lot of the people that play on 2fort_LA and look forward to continue playing TF2 with them. I'm not opposed to playing on other skial servers as i'm willing to play were needed. My discord is always open so i can be reached easily to respond to a situation if needed.

uppe-r

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
@Pyrodidathing since you've got 900hrs already, you've probably seen some rule breakers already, right? Be it racism, votemenu abuse, cheating...
What have you done about these, if anything?

Pyrodidathing

Contributor
@uppe-r When i have seen racism in the server it is handled before i can even report someone, its one of the things i like about the server. When it comes to Vote menu abuse i normally ask said person to please stop abusing the vote since it interrupts game play and can become a nuisance to the server (Possibly not that polite though). As for cheating i report players through steam and/or start a vote to ban/kick. If i'm not 100% about the player then i hold off and wait for MOD/ADMINS to handle situation. I do have 900+ hours on the server but my average time during the week is about 2 hours a day during the week and about 4 or 5 hours Sat and SUN, so i don't experience any of it a lot. If its wrong its wrong and ill do what i can within my limits to fix the situation.