Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Going onto page 3, let's ask some question:
  1. Buddhapest comes into the server to play a nice pub medic and is having a blast, however, as he's playing, there's a sniper on the enemy team that keeps bodyshotting him and eventually dominates him, in a fit of rage, he screams "stupid sniper, hasn't aimed a single headshot in his entire life. If I get killed by this same brainless idiot, I'm ddosing his ass, screw him". Use his steamID if a punishment is warranted.
  2. I come into the turbine and say the n word with an a at the end followed by a "wassup =)" to you. What do you do? Use my steamID if a punishment is warranted.

Laughing 'Can' 86

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
1) Although most likely not credible, this would be considered a threat against the server which is in violation of the rules. sm_ban "#[U:1:273682]" 1440 "DDoS Threat" if the DDoS threat was actually carried out I would change the ban to a permanent one. sm_ban "#[U:1:273682]" 0 "DDoS"

2) if by that you mean that you say "nigga" no action would be necessary. But if you mean that you say the n word and just add an 'a' to the end of it
sm_silence “#[U:1:106005514]” 1440 "Racism"

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
1) Although most likely not credible, this would be considered a threat against the server which is in violation of the rules. sm_ban "#[U:1:273682]" 1440 "DDoS Threat" if the DDoS threat was actually carried out I would change the ban to a permanent one. sm_ban "#[U:1:273682]" 0 "DDoS"

2) if by that you mean that you say "nigga" no action would be necessary. But if you mean that you say the n word and just add an 'a' to the end of it
sm_silence “#[U:1:106005514]” 1440 "Racism"
These are correct but regardless of case, DDoS threats are permanent as well. Better to stop it before it happens and avoid the risk of it actually happening, right? Can't blame ya for not knowing that though, good answers! =)

Laughing 'Can' 86

These are correct but regardless of case, DDoS threats are permanent as well. Better to stop it before it happens and avoid the risk of it actually happening, right? Can't blame ya for not knowing that though, good answers! =)
That makes sense. Thanks for the response!

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Going onto page 3, let's ask some question:

1. Buddhapest comes into the server to play a nice pub medic and is having a blast, however, as he's playing, there's a sniper on the enemy team that keeps bodyshotting him and eventually dominates him, in a fit of rage, he screams "stupid sniper, hasn't aimed a single headshot in his entire life. If I get killed by this same brainless idiot, I'm ddosing his ass, screw him". Use his steamID if a punishment is warranted.
    I come into the turbine and say the n word with an a at the end followed by a "wassup =)" to you. What do you do? Use my steamID if a punishment is warranted.
Only DDOS threads against staff or the servers are against the rules. We removed against players over a year ago...

Reactions: Sir Cakez

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Only DDOS threads against staff or the servers are against the rules. We removed against players over a year ago...
Yeah, was discussing this with some other admins as well. The question itself was rather poor. @Laughing 'Can' 86 we'll likely ask you a better question in the near future, apologies for my poor question.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I apologize once again for the poor question. That said, let's ask some better ones, I owe it to you to do so:
  1. You join the 2fort server to see Dutch calling a silence vote on himself for spam, this would be his 4th offense, what do you do? Use his steamID if you believe punishment is required.
  2. Chance comes in to the Turbine server and you see him using his flamethrower in front of the snipers, obstructing their vision, what do you do? Use his steamID if you believe punishment is required.

Laughing 'Can' 86

1) 1 month silence for 4th offense: sm_silence “#[U:1:211787542]” 43200 "Vote Abuse"
2) sm_ban "#[U:1:94454090]" 1440 "Griefing"

Alphacino

Mildly Menacing Medic
2014... I'll never forget it. It was the year when those grisly staff applications were posted in the Bazaar website. Soon after, the news was out to the whole world revealing that our newest janitor was that active user who was quick to assist and provide friendly contributions to our forum, Laughing 'Can' 86. The 'Can' has been a great contribution to our online community, Bazaar.tf and has been committed to help our little community with a reliable work ethic that has strengthened our support foundation.
No matter the circumstance, the 'Can' continued to answer users's reports as soon as he can - Especially when the other admins are indisposed.
With the whole affair continuing for 3 years, the 'Can' has proven time and time again to be a dependable team member.
Soon 'Can' became one of our own and for all intents and purposes, the 'Can' receives a strong recommendation from me.
Six years have passed since he joined our community, and it's all the better because of him.

Reactions: Laughing 'Can' 86

Mushy M005e

Unremarkable User
I have been asked to write a character reference thing for Laughing Can. I have played with LC on skial for at least the past 4 months. Playing medic you remember good players and players that are fun to play with. LC has been both. We have been steam “friends” the past 2 months and in that time he has always been honest, dependable and nice. He has always acted maturely with me and others in game from what Ive witnessed. From my experiences and interactions with him I would give his character a +1

Curly Brace

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Has always been an eager and active admin over at bazaar. Although it never was the biggest or most popular site, it never seemed to be an issue and every ticket put in was handled with accuracy over speed. Would definitely recommend.

_inu

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Hi, I am Inu, the owner of bazaar.tf. Seeing as the others shared their thoughts as well, here go mine as the one responsible for staff on site:
Can has always been an active and forthcoming member of our staff, whether to our own or to our userbase. His actions on site are coherent, polite, just and I can not think of a situation where any of his warnings or bans had been overturned or adjusted.
Glad to have this guy as part of my team and I am sure he will fit right in with you as well.

Phantom 5.0

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
I’ve reviewed quite a few admin applications as far back as 2016, just for quick reference. I’d say with as much experience as Laughing Can has, and the amount of positive public testimony, you won’t find a much better app than this. Then again, I’m newer to this field than most, so take that for what it’s worth.

+1

Reactions: Laughing 'Can' 86

Laughing 'Can' 86

I’ve reviewed quite a few admin applications as far back as 2016, just for quick reference. I’d say with as much experience as Laughing Can has, and the amount of positive public testimony, you won’t find a much better app than this. Then again, I’m newer to this field than most, so take that for what it’s worth.

+1

Reactions: Phantom 5.0

Reedgreat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
How many hours a week do you play TF2 on average? You will understand why I am asking afterwards.

Laughing 'Can' 86

How many hours a week do you play TF2 on average? You will understand why I am asking afterwards.
I generally try for a minimum of an hour per day. This week has been a bit less consistent because my mom has been in the hospital. But I generally play between 1 and 3 hours per day usually averaging around 12-15 hours per week.

Reedgreat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
I generally try for a minimum of an hour per day. This week has been a bit less consistent because my mom has been in the hospital. But I generally play between 1 and 3 hours per day usually averaging around 12-15 hours per week.

The only reason I asked was I wanted to see what percentage of your time has been spent on skial since your admin application started. You have convinced me that you can manage your time between the different communities you are involved with, which was my only concern. Also, best wishes to your mom.

+1

Laughing 'Can' 86

The only reason I asked was I wanted to see what percentage of your time has been spent on skial since your admin application started. You have convinced me that you can manage your time between the different communities you are involved with, which was my only concern. Also, best wishes to your mom.

+1
Thanks! She's home now and is doing great! :)

Ashannabuda

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I've worked with Can for almost a year now, he's one of the most dedicated admins I've ever seen. He's relaxed and kind, yet strict. I can't see anything going wrong nor anything Can would do wrong that would disappoint or disprove his abilities.