Approved Admin App: Laughing 'Can' 86

Discussion in 'Admin Applications' started by Laughing 'Can' 86, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Sargent¥

Sargent¥ Trade Moderator

Steam:

Going onto page 3, let's ask some question:
    1. Buddhapest comes into the server to play a nice pub medic and is having a blast, however, as he's playing, there's a sniper on the enemy team that keeps bodyshotting him and eventually dominates him, in a fit of rage, he screams "stupid sniper, hasn't aimed a single headshot in his entire life. If I get killed by this same brainless idiot, I'm ddosing his ass, screw him". Use his steamID if a punishment is warranted.
    2. I come into the turbine and say the n word with an a at the end followed by a "wassup =)" to you. What do you do? Use my steamID if a punishment is warranted.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Laughing 'Can' 86

Laughing 'Can' 86 Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight

Steam:

1) Although most likely not credible, this would be considered a threat against the server which is in violation of the rules. sm_ban "#[U:1:273682]" 1440 "DDoS Threat" if the DDoS threat was actually carried out I would change the ban to a permanent one. sm_ban "#[U:1:273682]" 0 "DDoS"

2) if by that you mean that you say "nigga" no action would be necessary. But if you mean that you say the n word and just add an 'a' to the end of it
    sm_silence “#[U:1:106005514]” 1440 "Racism"

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winning Winning x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Sargent¥

Sargent¥ Trade Moderator

Steam:

These are correct but regardless of case, DDoS threats are permanent as well. Better to stop it before it happens and avoid the risk of it actually happening, right? Can't blame ya for not knowing that though, good answers! =)

• Confusing Confusing x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Laughing 'Can' 86

Steam:

That makes sense. Thanks for the response!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. RMSniper

RMSniper TF2 Admin Contributor

Steam:

Only DDOS threads against staff or the servers are against the rules. We removed against players over a year ago...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Sargent¥

Sargent¥ Trade Moderator

Steam:

Yeah, was discussing this with some other admins as well. The question itself was rather poor. @Laughing 'Can' 86 we'll likely ask you a better question in the near future, apologies for my poor question.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  7. Sargent¥

Sargent¥ Trade Moderator

Steam:

I apologize once again for the poor question. That said, let's ask some better ones, I owe it to you to do so:
    1. You join the 2fort server to see Dutch calling a silence vote on himself for spam, this would be his 4th offense, what do you do? Use his steamID if you believe punishment is required.
    2. Chance comes in to the Turbine server and you see him using his flamethrower in front of the snipers, obstructing their vision, what do you do? Use his steamID if you believe punishment is required.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Laughing 'Can' 86

Steam:

1) 1 month silence for 4th offense: sm_silence “#[U:1:211787542]” 43200 "Vote Abuse"
    2) sm_ban "#[U:1:94454090]" 1440 "Griefing"

• Winning Winning x 1
    • Neat Neat x 1
  9. Alphacino

Alphacino Mildly Menacing Medic

Steam:

2014... I'll never forget it. It was the year when those grisly staff applications were posted in the Bazaar website. Soon after, the news was out to the whole world revealing that our newest janitor was that active user who was quick to assist and provide friendly contributions to our forum, Laughing 'Can' 86. The 'Can' has been a great contribution to our online community, Bazaar.tf and has been committed to help our little community with a reliable work ethic that has strengthened our support foundation.
    No matter the circumstance, the 'Can' continued to answer users's reports as soon as he can - Especially when the other admins are indisposed.
    With the whole affair continuing for 3 years, the 'Can' has proven time and time again to be a dependable team member.
    Soon 'Can' became one of our own and for all intents and purposes, the 'Can' receives a strong recommendation from me.
    Six years have passed since he joined our community, and it's all the better because of him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Mushy M005e

Mushy M005e Unremarkable User

I have been asked to write a character reference thing for Laughing Can. I have played with LC on skial for at least the past 4 months. Playing medic you remember good players and players that are fun to play with. LC has been both. We have been steam “friends” the past 2 months and in that time he has always been honest, dependable and nice. He has always acted maturely with me and others in game from what Ive witnessed. From my experiences and interactions with him I would give his character a +1

11. Curly Brace

Curly Brace Scarcely Lethal Noob

Steam:

Has always been an eager and active admin over at bazaar. Although it never was the biggest or most popular site, it never seemed to be an issue and every ticket put in was handled with accuracy over speed. Would definitely recommend.

12. _inu

_inu Scarcely Lethal Noob

Steam:

Hi, I am Inu, the owner of bazaar.tf. Seeing as the others shared their thoughts as well, here go mine as the one responsible for staff on site:
    Can has always been an active and forthcoming member of our staff, whether to our own or to our userbase. His actions on site are coherent, polite, just and I can not think of a situation where any of his warnings or bans had been overturned or adjusted.
    Glad to have this guy as part of my team and I am sure he will fit right in with you as well.

13. Phantom 5.0

Phantom 5.0 TF2 Admin Contributor

Steam:

I’ve reviewed quite a few admin applications as far back as 2016, just for quick reference. I’d say with as much experience as Laughing Can has, and the amount of positive public testimony, you won’t find a much better app than this. Then again, I’m newer to this field than most, so take that for what it’s worth.

+1

• Like Like x 1
  14. Laughing 'Can' 86

Steam:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Reedgreat

Reedgreat Wicked Nasty Engineer

Steam:

How many hours a week do you play TF2 on average? You will understand why I am asking afterwards.

16. Laughing 'Can' 86

Steam:

I generally try for a minimum of an hour per day. This week has been a bit less consistent because my mom has been in the hospital. But I generally play between 1 and 3 hours per day usually averaging around 12-15 hours per week.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. Reedgreat

Reedgreat Wicked Nasty Engineer

Steam:

The only reason I asked was I wanted to see what percentage of your time has been spent on skial since your admin application started. You have convinced me that you can manage your time between the different communities you are involved with, which was my only concern. Also, best wishes to your mom.

+1

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  18. Laughing 'Can' 86

Steam:

Thanks! She's home now and is doing great! :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  19. Xantam

Xantam Uncharitable Spy Contributor

Steam:

I think this is a pretty solid app and a very nice, genuine guy.

Not sure what support I can give but you have it. +1

• Like Like x 3
  20. Ashannabuda

Ashannabuda Scarcely Lethal Noob

I've worked with Can for almost a year now, he's one of the most dedicated admins I've ever seen. He's relaxed and kind, yet strict. I can't see anything going wrong nor anything Can would do wrong that would disappoint or disprove his abilities.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice