Laughing 'Can' 86

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
+1

You seem to be a pretty switched darn kid

I'm not sure what that means, but thanks for the vote of confidence! As for the time, I decided I wanted to apply before I had the minimum number of hours, so I waited until I had the minimum before I applied(unlike most applicants I saw who just decided to apply with no where near the minimum number of hours). But I am continuing to play on skial servers after getting the minimum, and I plan to continue playing on skial servers long after this application is done one way or the other. It's a lot of fun and there are plenty of servers on maps I enjoy with people who are fun to play with!

Vodka4Gaben

Gore-Spattered Heavy
I'm not sure what that means, but thanks for the vote of confidence! As for the time, I decided I wanted to apply before I had the minimum number of hours, so I waited until I had the minimum before I applied(unlike most applicants I saw who just decided to apply with no where near the minimum number of hours). But I am continuing to play on skial servers after getting the minimum, and I plan to continue playing on skial servers long after this application is done one way or the other. It's a lot of fun and there are plenty of servers on maps I enjoy with people who are fun to play with!
Im saying that your play time is not that high , Sorry for responding late but I had to go to my grandma

Laughing 'Can' 86

Im saying that your play time is not that high , Sorry for responding late but I had to go to my grandma
No worries, I'm not in any hurry. My play time isn't that high, but that just means that I've got plenty of play time ahead of me! Everybody leaves eventually, but I don't see me doing that any time soon!

Laughing 'Can' 86

Also to those who have concerns about my use of binds: I have reduced the amount that I use binds. I know that this isn't a requirement to be mod, but I do feel that too many binds would make it difficult for the people of the server to take me seriously as a mod. I believe that while mods should have fun on the servers they police they should also keep a professional demeanor and set a good example to people on the server. I'll probably still use binds, but much less than I used to.

Andrew Adolf | Justplay.tf

Scarcely Lethal Noob
+1 I know laughing can from Justplay, and I must admit he's a pretty awesome head admin. Always been on my side, takes my suggestions about the server seriously, and always kept a cool head when it came to the drama that would happen time to time on the server. I've been friends with him for over a year and I plan to continue to be friends with him for much longer.

Dutch

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
TURBINE | LA 01/21/2018 - 04:34:16 PM Laughing 'Can' 86 If you guys wouldn't mind getting on the forums and telling them what a bad admin I'd make, that'd be great
TURBINE | LA 01/17/2018 - 10:15:23 PM Laughing 'Can' 86 so if you guys could get on the forums and tell them just how unfit for admin I am. That'd be a real help

TURBINE | LA 01/21/2018 - 03:04:34 PM Laughing 'Can' 86 is it really rape if you beg for it though?

TURBINE | LA 01/21/2018 - 02:57:18 PM Laughing 'Can' 86 Wow, looks like suicide WAS the answer. Who knew?

Although your binds have been perviously brought up they weren't specified. I'm not going to doubt your positions as admin on other servers but I'm wondering how you got that position putting stuff like this in chat. I could never see an admin saying this stuff. The top two logs are just kinda confusing to me. Joke or not just confused why'd you say that. The third log from the top makes me think you won't take it seriously. Talking about a serious criminal offense in a joking manner is kinda immature. Just my opinion. The last log I had found was used quite a bit. I'm not sure if you thought this was a 'funny' and 'edgy' bind to use or not. Just wanted to spread this information to others.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
TURBINE | LA 01/21/2018 - 04:34:16 PM Laughing 'Can' 86 If you guys wouldn't mind getting on the forums and telling them what a bad admin I'd make, that'd be great
TURBINE | LA 01/17/2018 - 10:15:23 PM Laughing 'Can' 86 so if you guys could get on the forums and tell them just how unfit for admin I am. That'd be a real help

TURBINE | LA 01/21/2018 - 03:04:34 PM Laughing 'Can' 86 is it really rape if you beg for it though?

TURBINE | LA 01/21/2018 - 02:57:18 PM Laughing 'Can' 86 Wow, looks like suicide WAS the answer. Who knew?

Although your binds have been perviously brought up they weren't specified. I'm not going to doubt your positions as admin on other servers but I'm wondering how you got that position putting stuff like this in chat. I could never see an admin saying this stuff. The top two logs are just kinda confusing to me. Joke or not just confused why'd you say that. The third log from the top makes me think you won't take it seriously. Talking about a serious criminal offense in a joking manner is kinda immature. Just my opinion. The last log I had found was used quite a bit. I'm not sure if you thought this was a 'funny' and 'edgy' bind to use or not. Just wanted to spread this information to others.
we've had plenty of admins who were immature in chat at least sometimes

+1

Dutch

we've had plenty of admins who were immature in chat at least sometimes

+1
I'm not saying that there isn't any admins. Was just pointing it out. Me personally if I were to have someone representing Skial I wouldn't want them having binds regarding suicide, which isn't a light topic to joke about.

Laughing 'Can' 86

To be clear: I main soldier. "Wow, looks like suicide WAS the answer. Who knew?" is a bind that I use when I am fighting against myself and have to blow myself up in order to kill the other person. Its simply describing the ridiculousness of the situation where my best play is to kill myself to kill someone else. It is just referring to game play which is context that is hard to get just from the chat logs.

Dutch

To be clear: I main soldier. "Wow, looks like suicide WAS the answer. Who knew?" is a bind that I use when I am fighting against myself and have to blow myself up in order to kill the other person. Its simply describing the ridiculousness of the situation where my best play is to kill myself to kill someone else. It is just referring to game play which is context that is hard to get just from the chat logs.
Alright I see. Thanks for the clarification. Do you have any responses to the other logs?

Just still confused on the top ones. I had already addressed the one about rape in my comment above.

Dutch

its clearly just him telling the people on the server to go look at the application in a self deprecating way
Even if for shits and giggles I still just don't understand why. I don't really think anyone would go out of their way to actually make his application look bad because he told them but it just confuses me. Not that it's a major deal it's just I'm curious why he'd say it. 1 time would've been "hehe yeah go make me look bad on my app hehe". But the fact that he said it twice. It's not my critical point, mainly just a question that I have/had.

Laughing 'Can' 86

Alright I see. Thanks for the clarification. Do you have any responses to the other logs?

Just still confused on the top ones. I had already addressed the one about rape in my comment above.
Regarding these:
- as for "is it really rape if you beg for it though" It was a response to someone talking on the server, something about someone repeatedly asking (that individual) to rape them. to which I responded is it really rape if you beg for it though. I'm not really sure what your concern is with that other than that it has the word rape in it, but I don't really understand why that's a problem to you. It does not condone or encourage rape in any way.

- and as for the other two:The admins had remarked to me that it would really help if they could hear from people that I play with on a regular basis. It seems that most of the people that I play on turbine with don't use the forums very much. So I posted asking them if they wouldn't mind commenting (not that any of them did, but whatever) kind of a weird joke but I didn't want them to feel like I was pressuring them to give me good reviews. But again, I'm not really seeing what the concern is with this.

I hope this helped. If this didn't help with your concerns, then if you could be a bit more specific about what you're worried about I can address those a bit more directly. Thanks for your responses.

⊰ buddhapest ⊱

Mildly Menacing Medic
i'm the co-owner of bazaar.tf and recently became the owner of trade.tf.

also a huge fan of Skial (800 hours) which i wouldn't want to see spoiled with bad admins.

i vouch for the Can man. he's been part of the bazaar community for prolly 5 years, a moderator/admin for 3, and has always been very helpful and friendly to the community and a reliable staff member.

Dutch

After all my concerns have been cleared up I'm not really sure which way I want to sway. 3,500 hours on TF2, almost 5k trades. You seem like a genuinely nice guy, no bad intentions. You are/were an admin in several places and a mod (that I saw in your app). It's not really my business to ask but do you have any social structure? Not to offend you it's just that's a lot of responsibility and I just don't see the point. It's your life live how you want to but me personally I'd put friends, family and social life before any game or online community. You've only played 32 hours in the past 2 weeks but I don't know if that's been your only time out of class or not. As others have stated, putting Skial before those other communities would be priority. So just to sum up what I'm saying. I feel you could easily do the job, but spending time with friends and family should come first. Once again not my life but those are my priorities. So if you can somehow squeeze all that in there then best of luck. And no hard feelings on my responses above, was just curious about the logs.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
It's not really my business to ask but do you have any social structure? Not to offend you it's just that's a lot of responsibility and I just don't see the point. It's your life live how you want to but me personally I'd put friends, family and social life before any game or online community.

I don't think this kind of question is pertinent to an admin applicant. People each have their own circumstances and situations - in my mind this is a very personal question and not something that should be asked.

It is up to the applicant to understand that being an admin takes time, I believe he understands this just fine - there's no need for him to justify how he would balance personal life; provided they have enough free time to begin with.

Laughing 'Can' 86

After all my concerns have been cleared up I'm not really sure which way I want to sway. 3,500 hours on TF2, almost 5k trades. You seem like a genuinely nice guy, no bad intentions. You are/were an admin in several places and a mod (that I saw in your app). It's not really my business to ask but do you have any social structure? Not to offend you it's just that's a lot of responsibility and I just don't see the point. It's your life live how you want to but me personally I'd put friends, family and social life before any game or online community. You've only played 32 hours in the past 2 weeks but I don't know if that's been your only time out of class or not. As others have stated, putting Skial before those other communities would be priority. So just to sum up what I'm saying. I feel you could easily do the job, but spending time with friends and family should come first. Once again not my life but those are my priorities. So if you can somehow squeeze all that in there then best of luck. And no hard feelings on my responses above, was just curious about the logs.
I understand that my app will never convince everyone. There will always be people with doubts, even if those doubts are that I seem to spend a lot of my time playing tf2.

Reactions: ҉ SP∑∑DY ҉