Laughing 'Can' 86

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Servers:
TURBINE | LA, TURBINE | NY, TURBINE | TX
Time:
Between 4:00 p.m. and 12:00 a.m. on week nights. More often on weekends.
Link to your Stats Page:
Playing Time:
200:26:53
Will you get mad if you lose admin?:
No, I will not get mad. I understand that not everyone can be an admin. If the admin team feels I would be a good match, if not that isn't a big deal.
How do you ban yourself using your own SteamID?:
sm_ban "#[U:1:83765110]" 30 "Obvious Aimbot"
Any other reason you should be admin:
Hey guys! My name is Laughing 'Can' 86. I'm 22 years old, attending college, majoring in Economics and Spanish. I'm a big fan of Skial servers and play on them pretty frequently. I am particularly a fan of playing on turbine map servers. I also have some previous experience with server and community administration in TF2.
- I'm the owner and founder of the Veteran Traders' Club which I founded and ran for a few years. https://steamcommunity.com/groups/veteran_traders_club
- I am currently an Admin on bazaar.tf (http://bazaar.tf/about)
- Head Administrator of the Justplay.tf Trade Server (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/JustPlayTrade)
- I served as a server admin for TFTRG's US server. I started out as a trial moderator and worked my way up to senior admin. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TFTRGCommunity
Evidence: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tftrgmodereratorgroup
- I served as a Moderator on Fire Powered's Unusual Server for 6 months. I retired from that when I started trading less.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FirePowered
- I am currently a Super Admin for the Justplay Community (earned on separate merit from the trade server position)
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/justplaytf
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/justplayadmins

ck24

Server-Clearing Cynic
+1 idk how your going to manage all that but anyways good luck on your app

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
+1

Personally not a fan of people who use binds a lot, but for the most part you seem fine.
I'm also not sure how you are going to be able to manage all of the different roles.

Laughing 'Can' 86

+1 but I'd also like to know how you intend to divide your volunteer work.

as for the positions that are current:
- justplay
- bazaar.tf

being a website, I can deal with bazaar.tf during work where I just wait to answer phones and can't be in tf2 anyway. This is also generally when I'm on the forums here.

And as a Super Admin on justplay I really only have to deal with problems if and when they arise. In the past 2 months I've had one issue that I've needed to deal with which took about 5 minutes.

Head Admin of the justplay trade server is probably the position here which would be the biggest concern, but as for that, the server is really only active when an event is being hosted on it, but more importantly I've got a great system of youtubers, moderators, and admins that have done a great job policing the events. Since all of them have administrative power, the only time I really need to be on the server is when certain commands that only I have are needed, which is extremely rare. For the most part the rest of the team has a pretty comprehensive set of commands and the maturity to use them well. And reading through and accepting applications to the community position is again something that I can do at work where I have an internet connection and can't play tf2 anyway.

I hope that this was able to alleviate some of your concerns!

Sincerely,
- Laughing 'Can' 86

Laughing 'Can' 86

+1

Personally not a fan of people who use binds a lot, but for the most part you seem fine.
I'm also not sure how you are going to be able to manage all of the different roles.
Thanks! That does seem to be everyone's biggest concern. I hope my reply to Sargent will clarify that for you. Let me know if you still have any concerns!

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
It looks like you do a lot in a lot of places. We typically don't care if you are an admin in other places, as long as you make Skial your main priority and put in the time and effort here. We just don't want someone to be a side admin here and can only get to reports and issues when they aren't busy at other places.

Reactions: Cream Tea

soo

TF2 Admin
Contributor
+1
Like your current/previous admin experiences. You show knowledge of Skial's rules based on your past reports. Please keep it up.

Hope you are able to manage your time well between all these various roles and good luck with your economics major.

uppe-r

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
+0 (for now)

You were admin on other communities, which shows experience but you're still admin in some of them. Will you have time or enough reason to consider Skial your main priority?
You have 200 hours not idling. Literally the minimum to make an app, that's what worries me. Feels like you were waiting to hit that 200hrs mark to make an admin app.
After reading your app, and the rest of your responses, I never really found a "why" to be an admin on Skial. I just found that you were admin in this and that and that and that community. It's like you're trying to add one more community to your list?

Don't interpret this badly. I'm not saying you wouldn't do the admin job more-than-well, but are you really willing to put Skial in front of everything else as others have said? And why do you really want to be an admin in here? I just found that you're a big fan of Skial servers and you like playing on them, I found no other reason in this whole thread.

Reactions: soo

Laughing 'Can' 86

+0 (for now)

You were admin on other communities, which shows experience but you're still admin in some of them. Will you have time or enough reason to consider Skial your main priority?
You have 200 hours not idling. Literally the minimum to make an app, that's what worries me. Feels like you were waiting to hit that 200hrs mark to make an admin app.
After reading your app, and the rest of your responses, I never really found a "why" to be an admin on Skial. I just found that you were admin in this and that and that and that community. It's like you're trying to add one more community to your list?

Don't interpret this badly. I'm not saying you wouldn't do the admin job more-than-well, but are you really willing to put Skial in front of everything else as others have said? And why do you really want to be an admin in here? I just found that you're a big fan of Skial servers and you like playing on them, I found no other reason in this whole thread.

I completely understand your concerns. One of the first things I question when I get an application is the applicant's motive. People who are just in it for the tag will inevitably slack on the job and pretty soon they won't even get on the server. I am applying to skial because I love the skial servers, they have a great community and the rules that they have set in place make sense to me and are clear and enforceable. The officer team and members have been incredibly friendly and helpful. I've been playing on skial servers a lot lately and I'd like to give back to the community in any way I can. The entire time I've been playing in turbine and 2fort servers I have seen some hackers and spammers but never any mods so if I can be there when other mods aren't able to be on I can help keep this community free of people who are just trying to destroy it and keep it active for others to enjoy.

Reedgreat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
I am also a +0. I think your commitments to other servers is an issue (even though you say it isn't).

If you provide a screenshot of your justplay stats for the last two weeks (to prove you have been spending more time on skial, and that you are more dedicated to skial's servers than justplays), and that checks out, I have no issue changing to a +1.

Also, stats.justplay.tf doesn't seem to be working, it is hyperlinked on your steamgroup.

Laughing 'Can' 86

I am also a +0. I think your commitments to other servers is an issue (even though you say it isn't).

If you provide a screenshot of your justplay stats for the last two weeks (to prove you have been spending more time on skial, and that you are more dedicated to skial's servers than justplays), and that checks out, I have no issue changing to a +1.

Also, stats.justplay.tf doesn't seem to be working, it is hyperlinked on your steamgroup.
The owner of justplay hasn't been very active lately. I suspect he hasn't been keeping up with the website. I don't know how to show what servers I've been in in tf2 other than using the skial stats page and comparing it to overall play time, and it looks like I can only get my play time on skial for the last week.
My steam account says I've played 36 hours of tf2 in the last 2 weeks, and skial says I've played about 16.5 hours this week. So assuming I played about the same last week (which I did) that would indicate that I spent almost all of my time in tf2 playing on skial. I don't actually know of a better way of proving that, but if you do please let me know!

Reedgreat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
The owner of justplay hasn't been very active lately. I suspect he hasn't been keeping up with the website. I don't know how to show what servers I've been in in tf2 other than using the skial stats page and comparing it to overall play time, and it looks like I can only get my play time on skial for the last week.
My steam account says I've played 36 hours of tf2 in the last 2 weeks, and skial says I've played about 16.5 hours this week. So assuming I played about the same last week (which I did) that would indicate that I spent almost all of my time in tf2 playing on skial. I don't actually know of a better way of proving that, but if you do please let me know!

Nope, I honestly don’t know any way. Since the admin process usually takes a few months, I think if you continue to consistently play on skial that would be enough.

Reactions: ck24

Salty Mcpepperson

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
Your experience as an admin on other servers is a plus. I wish you had more than 200 hours on Skial, but you do meet the minimum. I don't see anything horrendous in your chat logs although I do agree with Luke about the bind spamming. Going wait for a + or - based on your upcoming activity and community feedback. It would be nice to see feedback from people who have actually played with you rather than see +1's based on your previous admin experience.

Reactions: soo

Vodka4Gaben

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Your experience as an admin on other servers is a plus. I wish you had more than 200 hours on Skial, but you do meet the minimum. I don't see anything horrendous in your chat logs although I do agree with Luke about the bind spamming. Going wait for a + or - based on your upcoming activity and community feedback. It would be nice to see feedback from people who have actually played with you rather than see +1's based on your previous admin experience.
+1

You seem to be a pretty switched darn kid, You look like you have a good vast experience, but as Salty said the time worries me a bit.