chewbarka

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Servers:
TURBINE | LA | Fast, TURBINE+ | LA | Fast, TURBINE+ | US | Fast
Time:
5PM - 3ish AM CT (I'll usually get on for a while between these hours)
Link to your Stats Page:
Playing Time:
~150 hours on 3 different Turbine servers and 50 hours on tfcustom servers
Will you get mad if you lose admin?:
I wouldn't be upset, because I know there are a lot of applications to go through, but I would still continue to support and play on the servers.
How do you ban yourself using your own SteamID?:
sm_ban "#[U:1:79791141]" 30 "obvious aimbot"
Any other reason you should be admin:
Ever since I started gaming, I love being apart of communities and helping them out in any way I could. On most of the games that I would play, such as Garry's Mod and Counter Strike: Source, I would find servers that I would love and play on for countless hours. Eventually, I would be promoted to a moderator or administrator position and would do my best to enforce the rules.

On TF2, there was this gaming community called NO HEROES and the one server I loved most was their CTF server. They mostly had Turbine and Doublecross, but Turbine has since remained my favorite map of all time. I had a close connection with some of the admins and known regulars, but their CTF server doesn't seem to see that many players now and I would love to continue playing in a good community and make every player's experience a good one.

My main goal as admin would to be enforce the rules if there are players breaking them and listen to the needs of other players. I've noticed on several occasions where there are hackers and when there aren't any admins on, players have to rely on the votemenu. Sometimes the votemenu works, but other times it isn't very reliable and the players have to continue player with hackers, so I think there should be more admins on during the early hours (past 1am) of CT. I mainly play on the LA Turbines and one the US one.

I've always wanted to be an admin on in a community with TF2 servers, but it was so difficult to get accepted as admin because of my age. I first played TF2 when I was 8 and began gaming from there, so it was obvious why people wouldn't want me in their staff. But I recently turned 18 and have matured a lot since I started and I have yet to become admin on my favorite game of all time. I understand if not being a TF2 admin before is a red flag, but I know that I would contribute my time and help out the community in any way I can. I have been admin on several different games, so TF2 would be a whole new learning experience, but I would love to spend my time and effort towards the skial Turbine servers.

I appreciate any sort of feedback this may get and I fully respect the final decision on this application. If I am not made admin, I'll continue playing on the servers and not make any big deal about it. But if I am made admin, I'll work hard on being the best admin I can be and I'll make sure I know all the guidelines and regulations clearly. I get along with most of the people I play with and I see a lot of familiar names on the Turbine servers, so I think a lot of people would respect any sort of decision that I may have to make, regarding hackers, spammers, etc.​

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
You seem friendly enough. A couple comments/opinions:
(1) I suggest gaining support from the regs on the servers you play on.
(2) You don't have 50 hours on tfcustom servers; that's 50 minutes. As such, you're under our time requirements. Since you are relatively close, I think it's fair your application stay open enough, if you are able to gain that time in a short number of weeks.
(3) You don't exactly play too often, so I would prefer to see more playtime out of you.
(4) I seen you've tried to do /report in the server, but please remember to do reports on the forums if these don't go through, and/or if evidence needs added.
(5) My reg friends in Turbine+LA didn't recognize you, but I see you tend more towards T|LA (not plus). Maybe get to know people more.

I'll comment a further plus or minus in the future... These are just comments, since there's been no activity on this thread.

chewbarka

Scarcely Lethal Noob
(2) You don't have 50 hours on tfcustom servers; that's 50 minutes. As such, you're under our time requirements. Since you are relatively close, I think it's fair your application stay open enough, if you are able to gain that time in a short number of weeks.
Thanks for the feedback! For some reason, I thought it said I had 50 hours for tfcustom (my bad!) but I play more on Turbine anyways, so it shouldn't take me too long to reach 200 hours.
(5) My reg friends in Turbine+LA didn't recognize you, but I see you tend more towards T|LA (not plus). Maybe get to know people more.
I'm not entirely sure which of the three Turbine servers I play on more, but these are basically the only skial servers I play on. I do see some regulars that play on all three servers, so I'll notice a few familiar faces every now and then. For the majority of my time playing, I'm talking on the microphone with other people and try to be friendly. Sometimes I act a little goofy and some people might not take an admin like that seriously, but I don't want people to think of me as an admin that is super stern and untrustworthy. I want people to be able to trust me and come to me if there are any problems occurring on the server. Even if I'm not in game, I would appreciate players (who would have me on their friends list) to contact me if someone is causing any issues for other players. As for getting to know more people, I'll try to be more active and make my name more well known, but I think there are some people who would recognize who I am because I have such a strange name (people always say 'chewbacca' instead of 'chewbarka', so I'll sometimes change my name to 'chewy' to make it easier for people to remember).

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Played with you a few days ago and i remember you screaming over mic a couple of times. A lot of people were talking/playing music at the same time that day to the point where i had to call an admin because it was literally spam. You kind of took part in the spam instead of a) either tell people to stop or b) report it. What do you have to say about that?

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Marking improve due to lack of response, forum activity, and server activity.