B for Bandana

Mildly Menacing Medic
2015-03-08 16:46:41 no more friendly for this round?. skial.com | TURBINE | TX | Fast ctf_turbine

Could you give some context?
To be completely honest, not fabricating some random excuse, the whole skial server was playing pyro dodgeball. Where one side had pryros reflecting rockets and another reflecting them back. Players on the server voted to kick those that did not agree with playing this "pyro dodgeball" and I conformed to the group. Although I know this conforming in this case is extremely bad, especially since I am applying for admin, I want to honestly tell you that yes I have played friendly..

Last edited:

B for Bandana

Mildly Menacing Medic
I'm going to -1, because of what Kobe posted and because of this

Friendlying is against the rules, but you seem to do it often, which is not good.
Sorry about that comment, I was going off thi

Friendlying is against the rules, but you seem to do it often, which is not good.
I would really hate to get in an argument here, but I completely agree with you that going friendly often is not good. However, though I did go friendly, the whole entire server was friendly, and I did not want to disturb the peace. Players all voted to kick the other players and I simply did not want to be kicked. If you have any more questions regarding this, just ask.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
Sorry about that comment, I was going off thi

I would really hate to get in an argument here, but I completely agree with you that going friendly often is not good. However, though I did go friendly, the whole entire server was friendly, and I did not want to disturb the peace. Players all voted to kick the other players and I simply did not want to be kicked. If you have any more questions regarding this, just ask.
Then stand up for yourself. Call an admin. I know it sucks to be looked at as a party pooper, trust me I know, but you need to keep the server running as it should. If they were votekicking for not being freindly, that is serious votemenu abuse, and from now on you should report that. Lets not talk about fuzzy one as we could go into a huge debate over all the things he has done wrong

B for Bandana

Mildly Menacing Medic

I totally agree with your reasoning about how going friendly often is not good.
Then stand up for yourself. Call an admin. I know it sucks to be looked at as a party pooper, trust me I know, but you need to keep the server running as it should. If they were votekicking for not being freindly, that is serious votemenu abuse, and from now on you should report that. Lets not talk about fuzzy one as we could go into a huge debate over all the things he has done wrong
2015-03-08 16:46:41 no more friendly for this round?. skial.com | TURBINE | TX | Fast ctf_turbine

Could you give some context?
Yeah sure. So to be completely honest, knowing I could have easily just fabricate an excuse, I do not know the context. However, I have a guess to when that might have been from. One round, there was a pyro doge ball event on turbine, where both teams had pyros airblasting rockets back and forth. During the times I was in there, I participated and conformed towards this "game" and I actually was the soldier shooting the rockets for the pyros to airblast. I'm pretty sure saying this will get me deferred from even getting close to seeking an admin position, but this is my best guess of the context.

B for Bandana

Mildly Menacing Medic
Totally agree with you about standing up for my self and all the other good qualities an admin should have. However, not until a couple of days ago have I actually thought about applying for admin. I applied because a few of my friends encouraged me and maybe your right, admin is not right for me. I was not too familiar with the ban of being friendly, but I hope this isn't just an instant deferral for me
Then stand up for yourself. Call an admin. I know it sucks to be looked at as a party pooper, trust me I know, but you need to keep the server running as it should. If they were votekicking for not being freindly, that is serious votemenu abuse, and from now on you should report that. Lets not talk about fuzzy one as we could go into a huge debate over all the things he has done wrong[/QUOTE

B for Bandana

Mildly Menacing Medic
Totally agree with you about standing up for my self and all the other good qualities an admin should have. However, not until a couple of days ago have I actually thought about applying for admin. I applied because a few of my friends encouraged me and maybe your right, admin is not right for me. I was not too familiar with the ban of being friendly, but I hope this isn't just an instant deferral for me.

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
At least you are being honest. That's something I'd say. It doesn't help with the situation however, but I am quite sure, judging by your answers, that you now realized that by yourself.

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
While being honest is a good thing, not wanting to disturb the peace is the exact opposite feeling towards problems that you should have. Its against the rules, if you spent any time on the forums, and looked through any appeals/reports, friendly is one that comes up quite a bit.

I'm disappointed that an admin candidate won't try and uphold the rules, even without being an admin. That is just called being a decent human being.

B for Bandana

Mildly Menacing Medic
Right now I could easily ask more friends to add +1, but I am starting to realize how much responsibility an admin needs and takes. I will be withdrawing my admin application for the time being. Thanks for even considering.

Reactions: TapTap