haytil

Mildly Menacing Medic
Can you not search for it now? It’s only a font.

I don't see this directly replied to anywhere in thread, so I'll do so now:

No, I can't read your name. It looks like gobbledy-gook to me. I wouldn't know what to type into a search box if I were looking for your profile.

(Copy-pasting works, but they're clearly special characters and if I'm in-game, I can't copy-paste anyhow). And in the broswer, your forum name comes out as "hantom 5.op" and that's only if I squint real hard. If the forum software glitches out when displaying your name, then it's a problem.

Accessibility is important in an admin. Being able to know your name by simply looking at it is important.

When it comes to being an admin, a name is a tool for accessibility, not a fashion accessory to look pretty.

Phantom 5.0

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor

No, I can't read your name. It looks like gobbledy-gook to me. I wouldn't know what to type into a search box if I were looking for your profile.

(Copy-pasting works, but they're clearly special characters and if I'm in-game, I can't copy-paste anyhow). And in the broswer, your forum name comes out as "hantom 5.op" and that's only if I squint real hard. If the forum software glitches out when displaying your name, then it's a problem.

Accessibility is important in an admin. Being able to know your name by simply looking at it is important.

When it comes to being an admin, a name is a tool for accessibility, not a fashion accessory to look pretty.

I did notice that the text was out of order. I’ll fix it, but it won’t be for your preference. The font will be something that can be used in search, so you can find me when you want.

Secondly, I’m not sure who pissed in your cereal this morning, but don’t spam my application with your incessant rant about my font. My ability to manage is what’s in question, not my font. Let’s not confuse the two.

Agreed! It's been changed, hater (sp?) Haydin? I can't tell what you name is, but thank you for the positive feedback. I hope the rest of your day is better than it was this morning. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Costa

haytil

Mildly Menacing Medic
I did notice that the text was out of order. I’ll fix it, but it won’t be for your preference. The font will be something that can be used in search, so you can find me when you want.

Secondly, I’m not sure who pissed in your cereal this morning, but don’t spam my application with your incessant rant about my font. My ability to manage is what’s in question, not my font. Let’s not confuse the two.

Agreed! It's been changed, hater (sp?) Haydin? I can't tell what you name is, but thank you for the positive feedback. I hope the rest of your day is better than it was this morning. :)

Wow, seriously?

-1. This guy doesn't have the temperament to be an admin. He can't even manage his own emotions, let alone a helpful suggestion. Certainly not the type of guy I'd reach out to when I need some help.

Phantom 5.0

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Wow, seriously?

-1. This guy doesn't have the temperament to be an admin. He can't even manage his own emotions, let alone a helpful suggestion. Certainly not the type of guy I'd reach out to when I need some help.

I'd also like to note that there are other ways that you can provide positive feedback. Your original comment seemed "snooty." So, maybe think of other ways to say something without coming across as snide. As for the -1 rating, that's fine. I deserved it.

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper

Cannot control his emotions taking any form of feedback, positive, neutral, or negative. Making it very questionable whether he can control himself handling members in-game

Reactions: uppe-r

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Can't control emotions on feed back? He disagreed with with the persons opinion which is understandable. This app has been up for almost 6 months and no mention of his name being a problem until now. Its nit picking in my opinion and have no problem with his push back on it.

Good app and +1 from me.

Reactions: Chance

uppe-r

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
I commented this with san and others yesterday on discord, in my view it wasn't ok for such comments by someone who wants to be an admin. The other guy didn't insult phantom's mom or something like that, no need to be an ass.

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
His response was not that big of a deal. If his response is out of line 90% of past and present admins would never had made it due to how they respond to posts. Just my opinion.

uppe-r

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
His response was not that big of a deal. If his response is out of line 90% of past and present admins would never had made it due to how they respond to posts. Just my opinion.
Even he said he deserved the -1 rating by the guy after he used that language lol

Last edited:

haytil

Mildly Menacing Medic
Can't control emotions on feed back? He disagreed with with the persons opinion which is understandable.

It is not the fact that one disagrees, it is the manner in which one disagrees.

This app has been up for almost 6 months and no mention of his name being a problem until now.

Please see my original post, quoting a discussion of the name/font problem when it was initially brought up on page 1, six months ago.

Its nit picking in my opinion

It would be nit-picking to render a judgement based on his name, I agree. But the name really isn't the issue here.

I'm genuinely curious - do you think 90% of past and present admins demonstrated that kind of response on their admin apps?

I feel like an admin app is like a job interview. It's your opportunity to show your best side. Most people - including, I'd bet, the 90% of admins you're referring to - have the common sense to at least keep their composure during the interview process. But if an applicant can't keep their composure when they KNOW the microscope is on them, then how can they be expected to keep it when they're given autonomous authority?

Keep in mind the guideline in Bottiger's post at the top of the forum. Quoting:

We would love give everyone who wants to become an admin a chance, but if they turn out to be bad, they have likely already made people leave before someone bothers to report them.

Reactions: uppe-r

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I'm genuinely curious - do you think 90% of past and present admins demonstrated that kind of response on their admin apps?
Apps no on posts yes. Myself included. I do get what you are stating I just don't think his response nor his name is that big of a deal.