Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Since quick-play is and has been gone for a while, would it not be worth trying one or two community workshop maps such as https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=454133929?
1F55EC403AC6A024EE130252BB5230099773235E

I understand you'd have to setup some workshop but perhaps if this thread gets enough support you may consider it.

Some could be re-skins such as that example, or they could even be new community maps.

The server I was on seemed desperate for that one though and said they would show their support here.

JewJubes

Scarcely Lethal Noob
+1 As well please consider adding other popular community made maps such as pl_ququmannz and pl_enclosure

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Switching to custom maps would probably cause a lot of people to leave.

If anything a custom map server. But i doubt it will get much popularity anyway.

Reactions: BBQ Prophet

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Switching to custom maps would probably cause a lot of people to leave.

If anything a custom map server. But i doubt it will get much popularity anyway.

I can't speak for everyone but I assume the players don't generally hate custom maps just because they're custom, they just hate bad custom maps. If the map is fun and not horribly unbalanced they seem to stick around

Metropolis was added in, dunno when, but so far (I assume) people like it given I've been seeing it picked a lot recently and while in the server I haven't heard any complaints about the map

But this is just all my personal assumptions, the player traffic statistics might show a different story

XenoMorphin' Power Ranger

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Big thanks for Metropolis. So far the response has been mostly positive. Not for everyone, but that goes for every map. Add some more. I think the response will be great.

*Edit* Is Metropolis gone? I have not seen it when nominating in the last couple games.

Last edited:

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
Did Skial not have a custom map server months/years ago? Of course, if it did it's not around due to low server pop but I swear I did see one at one point.
Several. I remember a custom maps server in 2012 that died and UGC maps NY which also died and a cp_process 24/7 server that died and class wars which lasted a couple months and then died. There were probably like 50 others but I was too busy playing dustbowl to notice.