BadToad

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Mapper
Hello.

What do you think about updating deathrun plugin? There is a updated version of Deathrun Redux with lots of new features, like queue and non-melee weapons support!
That would be really cool to see how it looks in action.
Also it's been approved by original author!

Reactions: Skull1

Bigunit

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Oh, I dont know, I really like skial's plugin, i like non-weapons support, and i won't changes on my favourite deathrun server(s)..

Baltica 7

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Oh, I dont know, I really like skial's plugin, i like non-weapons support, and i won't changes on my favourite deathrun server(s)..

Well, i think it's even better than Skial's current plugin.
Since it's not VSH-base, Redux has no that annoying crit sound and effect for melee weps.
All classes have the same speed (even heavies).
Also there is more weapons available, like mediguns, lunchboxes (scout's drinks and heavy's sandviches). Demos can't abuse shields, spies finally can't use cloak.
And the most important, this plugin save spycrabs, because disguise kit is allowed!

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
This plugin might work with ours. Our deathrun plugin only uses Saxton Hale for the queue system.

The question is whether this new plugin does something new that makes it worth switching to.

And does it have a proper queue system? Or does it pick people at random or even break when everyone opts out of being Hale like the last version?

Bottiger

Administrator
I just looked at the plugin. It doesn't have a better queue system than Saxton Hale. Points don't get saved.

I don't see the plugin adding any interesting new features.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
-1 if the plugin gets changed i won't play deathrun anymore cuz skial is one of the only servers left that uses the vsh plugin for deathrun which i prefer

Reactions: Jermaphobe

Bottiger

Administrator
Well, i think it's even better than Skial's current plugin.
Since it's not VSH-base, Redux has no that annoying crit sound and effect for melee weps.
All classes have the same speed (even heavies).
Also there is more weapons available, like mediguns, lunchboxes (scout's drinks and heavy's sandviches). Demos can't abuse shields, spies finally can't use cloak.
And the most important, this plugin save spycrabs, because disguise kit is allowed!

Classes have different speeds because they get to use different items in Skial Deathrun. We could make all classes the same speed if we wanted to without this plugin.

We also purposefully blocked lunchbox because people were using them to stay alive in traps forever. Demos are supposed to be able to use charge, they are limited to 1-2 uses, same with cloaking.

It's actually save points.

No it doesn't. You don't save the points. You don't set g_queue_Priory[client] to 0 when someone disconnects. So someone else can connect and get points they never earned. If you reconnect and get the same client index, then you think it is saved. But that's not guaranteed to happen.

Your plugin seems very buggy like this. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more bugs like this so I am afraid to even use it.

Gamer4605

Banned
Classes have different speeds because they get to use different items in Skial Deathrun. We could make all classes the same speed if we wanted to without this plugin.

We also purposefully blocked lunchbox because people were using them to stay alive in traps forever. Demos are supposed to be able to use charge, they are limited to 1-2 uses, same with cloaking.

No it doesn't. You don't save the points. You don't set g_queue_Priory[client] to 0 when someone disconnects. So someone else can connect and get points they never earned. If you reconnect and get the same client index, then you think it is saved. But that's not guaranteed to happen.

Your plugin seems very buggy like this. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more bugs like this so I am afraid to even use it.
If you made all classes the same speed people would leave

Baltica 7

Scarcely Lethal Noob

Thanks, didn't know that would happen. I'll gotta try to rework this part.

Baltica 7

Scarcely Lethal Noob

Thats cool, but i wanna put all possible features into single plugin. So, if server has more gamemodes, they can simply unload just one plugin.

Baltica 7

Scarcely Lethal Noob

Actually i removed healing abilities from any lunchbox. Demos can use shields anytime, but they won't get speed boost. Invisiblity is OP in deathrun anyways.