Lizard

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
Despite its tendency to randomly restart (which I assume is why it was removed), Goldrush was one of the most popular maps on the rotation and people have constantly been asking why it isn't in the rotation anymore. It was a server-filler, and I know of at least one person who stopped playing on the server completely after Goldrush was removed. I've also noticed many people on the server complaining of a lack of map variety. I think adding it back to the rotation would be a net gain for Skial.

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
As someone who played over 250+ hours on Goldrush US alone before it was taken offline, I can easily say

+1

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Despite its tendency to randomly restart (which I assume is why it was removed)

If I recall correctly the server restarting was intentional. Goldrush crashes on 32 slot servers and since Valve refused to fix it the best that could be done is restarting the server automatically instead of allowing it to crash and kick everyone out

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
If I recall correctly the server restarting was intentional. Goldrush crashes on 32 slot servers and since Valve refused to fix it the best that could be done is restarting the server automatically instead of allowing it to crash and kick everyone out

And I don't think Valve has fixed it still to this day, which means if it was added back to the 32 slot rotation server, whenever Goldrush is picked there is a chance that it will crash the whole server.