Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Cakez

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I was browsing TF2 YouTube videos when I noticed this video.

While obviously he deserved the ban he got and that technically friendlying falls under refusing to help advance your team's position, I do think it would be a good idea to add friendlying to the server rules as an individual bullet point to make it more clear to idiots like him so they can't use it as an excuse.

Reactions: Defibyoulater

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
It's already in the rules and it is clear that friendly would fall under that category.

If anything needs to be changed, it's the ban reason. We should stop banning for friendly and start banning for "harming team"

Last edited:

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Considering that only a few communities use the term "friendlying" to begin with I don't think it would hurt to give a small mention of it in the examples under griefing.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It's already in the rules and it is clear that friendly would fall under that category.

If anything needs to be changed, it's the ban reason. We should stop banning for friendly and start banning for "harming team"
It all falls under griefing.

The ban reason is "Griefing"

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
We don't have "no griefing" rule so it shouldn't really be a reason.

Yes you were hindering your team. I saw your caber demomen get mowed down by 2 sentries.

While we should probably make our rules more prevalent, it is not our job to post the exact rules in front of your face so you can figure out how much you can troll without being banned.

I suppose you think it is ok to steal from a store if they do not have a sign at the door that says "do not steal". Our rules are common sense.

Our rules are already clear as possible. Your rules are too long and I bet most people don't even bother reading it.

Biggie

Forum Admin
Contributor
So if we have griefing allowed, would friendlying be allowed now?

• Harming your team for an extended period of time.
    • Example: blocking sniper views, teleporter traps, refusing to help advance your teams position
This is griefing. It may not be directly stated, but it's implied.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The rules are pretty much common sense. What you should and shouldn't do should be obvious.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
The rules are written in a generic way so as not to be too verbose.
Being 'friendly' is already covered by the "harming your team for an extended period rule".

Status
Not open for further replies.