French

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I played this map before in other deathrun servers, its hard and good and I think we should replace it

Pedro the fabulous

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Master Mapper
We had this map then it was replaced by v2. I preferred the first, myself. They're different maps except for the theme.
+1

ArchE_

Mildly Menacing Medic
Dr_Psykopat 1 and 2 are good maps, it will be great if admins would bring these maps back!

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It's a really nice map and I think it could serve as a replacement for dr_psykopatV2 as we haven't seen any reason for its removal.

It was likely removed due to lack of popularity. If a map's statistics are showing player loss it usually ends up getting removed

Hiiglane

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
While I love the ending jumping minigame, the rest of the map is fairly un-interesting and somewhat boring, well...at least to me it is.

The traps are fairly un-interesting with the only one that sticks out being a jump-scare that quickly becomes annoying more than scary and a map that is really easy to run through as a fast class or spy, I rarely see anyone losing on this map. Its too small and its too easy to make it to the end, wheres the challenge? Whats even the tone of this map? Its got weird ass visuals and sounds but just throws random shit everywhere. I don't get it and I don't like it, but hey thats just me.

Finally, almost every ending minigame is BAD. The skeleton game is way too one-sided for the Reds, the humilation is..confusing? and the only good ending game is the jumping minigame and thats just because its actually challenging.

I don't want this map back and I'm honestly glad its gone. It was very popular when it first came out but I noticed that its popularity seemed to dip after time, most people solely wanted to pick the map for the credits room or the teleport secret or the jumping minigame. Its not really that entertaining of a map IMO and after people learned what everything in the map did they got tired of it. Not surprised its gone and I definitely don't want it back, sorry.

Bottiger

Administrator
While I love the ending jumping minigame, the rest of the map is fairly un-interesting and somewhat boring, well...at least to me it is.

The traps are fairly un-interesting with the only one that sticks out being a jump-scare that quickly becomes annoying more than scary and a map that is really easy to run through as a fast class or spy, I rarely see anyone losing on this map. Its too small and its too easy to make it to the end, wheres the challenge? Whats even the tone of this map? Its got weird ass visuals and sounds but just throws random shit everywhere. I don't get it and I don't like it, but hey thats just me.

Finally, almost every ending minigame is BAD. The skeleton game is way too one-sided for the Reds, the humilation is..confusing? and the only good ending game is the jumping minigame and thats just because its actually challenging.

I don't want this map back and I'm honestly glad its gone. It was very popular when it first came out but I noticed that its popularity seemed to dip after time, most people solely wanted to pick the map for the credits room or the teleport secret or the jumping minigame. Its not really that entertaining of a map IMO and after people learned what everything in the map did they got tired of it. Not surprised its gone and I definitely don't want it back, sorry.

This is basically what our stats system showed, it was very popular at first and then died out.

Reactions: Pedro the fabulous

Hiiglane

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
This is basically what our stats system showed, it was very popular at first and then died out.

Oh cool, I was right.

Hey Bott, do you plan on removing some of the more unpopular maps like Sawmill in the future? I feel Sawmill is way less popular than Psykopat at this point. I honestly think it'd be better to replace really unplayed maps with just semi-low played maps like Psycho.

Edit: Or minecraft, god forbid someone actually pick that map.

Bottiger

Administrator
I go through the stats once a month. If sawmill was not removed, then it was more popular than psykopat.

Morshu

Truly Feared Pyro
+1
It was a great map, I think it should replace useless maps like spooky cocainum (since there's cocainum_xmas). However, the fixed version of this map isn't as good as the original version.