Zetarite[FR]

Mildly Menacing Medic
gamebanana/maps/205994 add .com after "gamebanana" because I can't send links or just copy/paste it and it should be the first result

This map is the first 2 bowser levels from Super Mario 64 but adapted for tf2. There are small parkour moments but not really hard (just timing).

This map features :
-2 secrets
-12 traps
-1 parkour minigame
-1 humiliation
-1 secret boss (hard)

-mario musics (wich can be adjusted in the music option of tf2)

This is also my first map so it may not look good. I take any feedbacks. I'll try to update the map at some point to add some traps because there are not that much and some other things (if you have any ideas you can comment and maybe I'll add it).
When I see that most people liked mario maps I think my map will be appreciated and I'd really like skial to add my map to deathrun because I plan on doing another one but I need people feedback so I can improve in mapping.

Reactions: Gamer4605

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper

Give the map proper lighting. No one likes maps that run mat_fullbright.

Shrink it down too, map looks like it has way too much dead space.

Morshu

Truly Feared Pyro
I tested the map and whilst I think it's a pretty fun map, it definitely needs improvement.
The main problem, like everyone has already said, is the look of the map: the lava texture being everywhere looks bad. In my opinion, it should just be replaced with the original skybox from Super Mario 64.

20190731162012_1.jpg

There are also these blocks of lava above the map which make the map look even worse (I'd just put the traps' triggers next to the map to fix this problem).

20190731161941_1.jpg

There are also two of these empty areas which make the map uselessly big

I also suggest adding more different traps, because the current ones are quite repetitive (disappearing bridges, flame traps) and maybe some enemies too (like the Bullies that push you away) in order to make the map more faithful to SM64, as well

Last edited:

User

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Try and add walls around the lava to make the map look nicer, right now it’s all too red

Zetarite[FR]

Mildly Menacing Medic
I updated the map and it now looks nicer + some extras. As for the lighting, I choosed to not touch it because I don't see where I could place the lights.

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
I'm still staying -1

Fullbright is awful, and lazy. You don't need light entities when the light_environment can handle the lighting

The skybox texture looks low res and ugly alongside the rest of the map itself

Zetarite[FR]

Mildly Menacing Medic
I updated the map and it now has a proper lighting. But I didn't touch the skybox because I can't find the same with a better resolution and I want it to be a Mario 64 skybox to keep the ambience of the map.

Bottiger

Administrator
I am sorry but this map does not look good to me.

I will let another community run it and if it becomes popular there, we will see it on our stats and add it to our server.