Declined Add Disguise kit to death run

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Poleskeris, May 8, 2020.

1. Poleskeris

Poleskeris Uncharitable Spy Contributor

Steam:
    TBH disguise kit would be neat if it wasnt disabled in DR, the main reason is to Spycrab lol and it doesnt really cause any exploits or bugs, maybe there is a reason and I would like to know but ayy spycrabbin would be sick :sunglasses:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. MoonCancer

MoonCancer Sufficiently Lethal Scout

+1 I can think of a million uses for this

• Like Like x 1
  3. Poleskeris

Steam:
    Also engie can use the PDA (u cant build anything obviously) so why not the same with disguise kit

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. blinds

blinds Uncharitable Spy

Steam:
    +1, would be pretty interesting to see

5. nutwoomy

nutwoomy Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight Contributor

Steam:
  6. Dragontamer

Dragontamer TF2 Admin Contributor

Steam:
    If there was a way to disable disguise but keep the kit itself, then +1, but if not -1, because some traps/motivators on some maps may have sentries, and the spies could exploit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Jermaphobe

Jermaphobe Moderator Contributor Legendary Mapper

-1 for the reason above

8. worMatty

worMatty Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight

Steam:
    The only map I can think of which uses sentries in its motivator is Dangerzone, but that map uses big trigger_hurts to purge areas of red players so it doesn't matter. I can't think of any other maps that use sentries in traps, so the chance of a spy benefiting from disguising to avoid them seems extremely low. Even if a map did have sentries in one trap, it would only be one trap out of fifteen-twenty, so there would be plenty of other ways for them to die.

You could argue that choosing to play as a spy gives you a very occasional minor advantage, but you could say that other classes have advantages that are more useful more often. For example, pyros don't suffer from afterburn when ignited. I would suggest trying to find ways to keep class mechanics because it's more fun for the players than restricting everything and encourages them to find new, creative ways to overcome obstacles that can later be turned into legitimate game mode mechanics.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Jermaphobe

Jermaphobe Moderator Contributor Legendary Mapper

Both versions of pirate adventure use sentries as traps, so a spy with disguise could easily break the traps

10. Poleskeris

Steam:
    did you forget where I said how engie has a PDA? u cant build so with a disguise kit disable its functions, i just wanna spycrab

11. worMatty

worMatty Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight

Steam:
    That wasn't obvious when I read your posts but now that you have made it clear I can see they left some room for interpretation. You want to be able to equip the 'weapon' but don't care about actually disguising.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Poleskeris

Steam:
    yea thats pretty much it

13. Gamer4605

Gamer4605 Totally Ordinary Human

Steam:
    Home sweet home also has sentries during the boss fight

14. Bottiger

Bottiger Administrator

Steam:
    I don't see the point in allowing disguises just so people can spycrab.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tf2 sunstep

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice