Toxik

Contributor
I don't think people would like it on our most populated servers. Isn't it restricted to trade and idle right now?

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
As much as I'd want to +1 this, Isn't that what the donator status is for?

If you could get it through AP, then there wouldn't be much of an incentive to donate.

Slip

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper

If you could get it through AP, then there wouldn't be much of an incentive to donate.
True, but it's just one of the many perks.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
why not a different color to differentiate between donor-perk and AP-perk?

on a semi-related note: I wonder if the plugin can apply textures to players. imagine donors getting the Australium skin and AP-perked players getting the Spy-cicled skin.

mike-kirby

Positively Inhumane Poster

on a semi-related note: I wonder if the plugin can apply textures to players. imagine donors getting the Australium skin and AP-perked players getting the Spy-cicled skin.
That sounds really good, but you'd get more bitching when there's a difference than if one gets nothing.
And I believe some use the /dark command to have a less visible model for hiding and stuff

Tayto

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
- 1 Non-donors already get plenty of benefits with AP.

I don't think people would like it on our most populated servers. Isn't it restricted to trade and idle right now?

Also this.

Beyond not having funds, if you find yourself playing on Skial a lot, why not donate? It'll improve your experience in TF2 in general since you can join full servers, have autobalance protection, swap to the other team whenever you want, special commands you can use in trade/idle servers, have autobalance protection, end of round immunity, no ads between rounds, and autobalance protection.

Last edited:

Reaver ✨

Uncharitable Spy
Mapper

I love that idea, +1 for that.

Slip

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper

I'm going to add on to my previous reply.

I do understand that this lowers the incentive to donate, but what if the amount of AP point require to unlock this feature will be significantly high (let's say 6000 points or more). This way, only the most active players get this perk. The more frequently players play the more the money skial makes in advertisement revenue from the particular player, so even though they do not donate they are still paying the server. To point out, to get to the range of 6k points, you have to play on skial nearly every day for 2 1/2 months (taken from my personal experience). This will not get rid of the incentive to donate for the majority of players as many of them don't have enough time to play every day, hence they will never reach the required amount of AP points to reach the perk. For that particular group of people (which is quite large) their only way to get the perk would be to donate.