iseovodoia

Unremarkable User
I have seen on other servers that lying about freeruns isn't punishable, other servers don't allow freeruns at all and some don't actually give a damn. But on skial, whenever a Player lies about a freerun they start voteabusing against that said player, so I thought it'd be cool if you guys add a rule about freeruns, like: "Lying about freeruns isn't bannable". : )

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I'm pretty sure Skial considers lying about freeruns as griefing, but I could be wrong. They're not voteabusing.

-1 this is not a good idea.

Random Gamer

Gore-Spattered Heavy
+1, I made this suggestion long ago but nothing happened, if it's either griefing or not, please specify this on the rules.

mike-kirby

Positively Inhumane Poster
I'm pretty sure Skial considers lying about freeruns as griefing, but I could be wrong. They're not voteabusing.

I don't get how that would be griefing, it's deathrun damnit. If you don't want to play, reset your qpoints, or if you want to play the minigames then maybe those instant minigame shortcuts for hale should be added.
I hate when people say "Freerun!" because I just want to play some death run and it wastes a few minutes
*+1 for no griefing

Last edited:

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Could an admin clarify if lying about freeruns is griefing? Thx

Lying about freeruns on Deathrun is not against the rules to my knowledge. I've never heard or seen someone get punished for it before

Putting my opinion out there, I don't see why lying about freeruns should be punishable. Lying about freeruns is a tactic, and there's all sorts of lie/trickery based tactics in every round of TF2. I don't see why lying about free runs is any different.

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I don't get how that would be griefing, it's deathrun damnit. If you don't want to play, reset your qpoints, or if you want to play the minigames then maybe those instant minigame shortcuts for hale should be added.
I hate when people say "Freerun!" because I just want to play some death run and it wastes a few minutes
*+1 for no griefing
It's about people who announce that it's a freerun and then set off traps to kill people. Yeah people who freerun should probably reset their points but this suggestion isn't about that. DR is about traps, yeah, but you can kill the entire team this way depending on the circumstances.

Lying about freeruns on Deathrun is not against the rules to my knowledge. I've never heard or seen someone get punished for it before

Putting my opinion out there, I don't see why lying about freeruns should be punishable. Lying about freeruns is a tactic, and there's all sorts of lie/trickery based tactics in every round of TF2. I don't see why lying about free runs is any different.
Ooooo okay. Didn't know about this.