Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
TF2Maps page

I've made a new variant of the awesomebox map I've published for public use, and am suggesting it be used on Skial's idle server below is an excerpt from the TF2Maps page for ease of access. Questions or comments, feel free

• 13 unique textures over the original 6 textures used in the original awesomebox map.
  • Subtle props and decor sporadic across the map, similar to official maps.
  • Custom 3D Skybox and lighting.
  • Indoor and 2 variants of outdoor ambiance
  • Expanded walkway out of spawns for more play area and less chance of falling or being blasted off.
  • Completely re-done pathway to Skybox that can and will stump your progress, some turns will be a dead end, or a loop.
  • Skybox is properly kill-walled off, the most reliable way of getting to skybox is to now use the path

Hellgasims

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
Great map overall, Jerma. I can tell you worked hard on this. One thing to keep note is a reason why people like awesomebox in general - an open and spacious canvas for players to get creative on and that isn't limiting to the environment such as official maps. That positive combined with Skial (large community) = a player heavy server (imo)

Things I liked:
  • Random objects to make it feel warmer
  • Nicer textures cause less strain on my eyes
  • the open area below the map under spawn
  • small details such as vents, doors, etc
  • water in the kill pit

What I would change:
  • The wood divider wall back to glass because it feels very closed off
  • Add the invisible "catch" ramp right out of spawn as that has saved me hundreds of times
  • water that is toxic or that you're able to somehow get out of

<3

ImmaGhost+Bønnie

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
+1 i like the newer props and the textures are better on the eyes than the one old one. the newer path is going to be fun to do. i like the newer space under the spawn and behind the spawn. though i'd like to imagine when you fall into the water (at the idle area) that the bodys decay/get eaten by fish/aligators. but yeah i'd like to try it out with people, and see how long it takes me to get use to the newer path.

edit. also i liked it when we had the sniper towers before he removed them (versions before now) there was one at the old invisible path start, and one behind spawn. tbh i would of loved to watch people camp them and snipe at people there.

Last edited:

Delays

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
+1

No clue why this was declined without reason, unless im missing something...

This is literally the same map thats already on idle but better.

Zeke Aileron

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
+1

Technically there was a reason somewhere else for why it was declined; however, this map does need a overhaul and looking at this, it's better than the original in many ways, i like it.