Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
I'll be using this thread to post notifications of updates to the achievement_idle_awesomebox_jsmith_space map currently running on Bottiger's 24/7 Idle Server

September 1, 2018
  • Fixed players being able to pick up the intelligence through walls near its spawning point
  • Added a mini-ammo kit on both sides of surf.
  • Added two spectator cameras covering the entire map
  • Moved the mini-ammo kit above the mini-health kit at the boxing ring, it is now facing opposite of the mini-health kit.
  • Moved the full health kit below the idle conveyor belt back to its original position; I originally moved it elsewhere and forgot about it.
  • Improved the navigation mesh on the main island.
  • Implemented navigation mesh for Surf and Skybox.

New version can be downloaded here or here

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
September 2. 2018
Because I am a dunce, I'm re-uploading the latest version because I overlooked some important files, resulting in errors and no navigation mesh

ck24

Server-Clearing Cynic
Would you mind clarifying what you mean?
when you decompile your map it gives you the map folder the folder contains the textures. click on that go to maps put your ain in maps and next click on graphs and then put your nav in there.

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
when you decompile your map it gives you the map folder the folder contains the textures. click on that go to maps put your ain in maps and next click on graphs and then put your nav in there.
Not very insightful clarification but rest assured everything is packed properly and should no longer be an issue

ck24

Server-Clearing Cynic
Not very insightful clarification but rest assured everything is packed properly and should no longer be an issue
It shouldn’t be hard to understand and plus the glass texture are invaild

Last edited:

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
It shouldn’t be hard to understand and plus the glass texture are invaild
You probably downloaded 1.10 which didn't have the required textures, which is why they would be invalid. I removed the download for it on the tf2maps page. I've triple checked all assets are properly compiled in version 1.15 with said assets' loose files in another folder outside TF2's directory. All three times no missing textures or errors

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
  • Implemented a workaround for the popular sticky exploit under spawn. When Valve officially fixes the exploit. This workaround will be disabled.
  • Rotated one of Skybox's palm trees that did not match with the other tress
  • Modified the small wall behind Red's spawn/front of the boxing ring to have a small tunnel. This was added to better suit map design alongside point #4. Players can shoot through the roof with hit-scan weapons
  • Added Skial's logo on the side of the tunnel facing the boxing ring.*
  • Added 1 spectator camera. (Last one, promise.)
  • Shortened the map's name
*Credits to Cream Tea for designing the logo specifically for this map.

Reactions: Cream Tea

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
  • Fixed an area that was not properly being covered by the sticky exploit workaround
  • Fixed some misalignment on the tunnel's ceiling
  • Slightly lowered the slope going into the tunnel on Blu's side.
Unless something major is discovered, I plan to focus on optimization from here out.I plan on taking a look at pl_simpson_house_b3 as well. Whether I make any progress on that time will tell.

Reactions: ck24

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
  • Increased water lod's fade distance to make water look better from a distance.
  • Re-textured spawn, mid, and the second level
  • The kill zone below the main island extended a distance beyond the map's play area. I've re-sized the kill zone so it no longer extends outside of the map.

Reactions: Cream Tea

ck24

Server-Clearing Cynic

• Increased water lod's fade distance to make water look better from a distance.

Re-textured spawn, mid, and the second level

The kill zone below the main island extended a distance beyond the map's play area. I've re-sized the kill zone so it no longer extends outside of the map.
I’m making an update to make it easier to get to the skybox.