Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
Very promising, however

• The gimmick you put in place for the boxing ring is glitchy, I don't know what it is myself but it more often than not kills me instead of working properly
  • the ring is missing 3 of the 4 boxing ring ropes
  • None of the classes can get on top of the ring unless they can double jump or have some means of an explosive jump
  • Because of the boxing ring's location in Skybox, it'd be much more difficult than it is worth it for players to reach it. I'd recommend restoring its location on the main floor and bringing back the swimming pool for Skybox
  • Although not really an issue for me, the 2nd level's ceiling is really dark, almost unnecessarily dark.
  • The surf ramp didn't need changing, I'd advise restoring the original ramp from awesomebox9 as it has water on the surface to prevent fall damage. Surfing on the ramp on this map's version doesn't seem to properly work
Aside from the above, this version introduces a lot of welcome changes

Last edited:

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
Additionally, perhaps you could move this wall back where it will not overlap a portion of blu's doorway to the capture point?

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
As the creator of the awesomebox line of maps, it would be appreciated if you add your own tag to the name of the map like awesomebox_pansmith1, though I guess someone out there probably already using the same map numbers. Too bad I didn't embed my name in the map.

One of our mappers also already created a version 10 which we don't use anymore. So that will cause map errors.

Also, the amount of spawn camping is a key design and incentive to fight hard in the map, and is balanced with map settings like RTD. It is not an error meant to be removed by map edits.

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
As the creator of the awesomebox line of maps, it would be appreciated if you add your own tag to the name of the map like awesomebox_pansmith1, though I guess someone out there probably already using the same map numbers. Too bad I didn't embed my name in the map.

One of our mappers also already created a version 10 which we don't use anymore. So that will cause map errors.

Also, the amount of spawn camping is a key design and incentive to fight hard in the map, and is balanced with map settings like RTD. It is not an error meant to be removed by map edits.

Is there a reason the official awesomebox10 is unused?

Pansmith

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
Master Mapper
Very promising, however

• The gimmick you put in place for the boxing ring is glitchy, I don't know what it is myself but it more often than not kills me instead of working properly
    the ring is missing 3 of the 4 boxing ring ropes
    None of the classes can get on top of the ring unless they can double jump or have some means of an explosive jump
    Because of the boxing ring's location in Skybox, it'd be much more difficult than it is worth it for players to reach it. I'd recommend restoring its location on the main floor and bringing back the swimming pool for Skybox
    Although not really an issue for me, the 2nd level's ceiling is really dark, almost unnecessarily dark.
    The surf ramp didn't need changing, I'd advise restoring the original ramp from awesomebox9 as it has water on the surface to prevent fall damage. Surfing on the ramp on this map's version doesn't seem to properly work
Aside from the above, this version introduces a lot of welcome changes

Will change,
except for the water,(my viss has been oofing up and I cant compile it with water,
If one of you guys can do that it will be great!)

On that note, the rings appear fine on my end, and i swore i took out that melee ring trigger,
I guess this is what i get for using a ten year old program.

Hey Bottiger, how about I leave the 3rd exit, but I reinstate the tele to the spawns?

Last edited:

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
If straying too far from the map's original design is an issue, perhaps a version with small improvements would be preferred?

Last edited:

Pansmith

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
Master Mapper
So I was working last night fixing problems, trying to remove the trigger_addcond, even though I remember removing it awhile back, it took me 20 minutes but I releized that I accidentally changed 3 of the 4 rings into said brush.

Feelsbadman.jpg

Also I made the fixes requested

ck24

Server-Clearing Cynic
And plus I found a glitch. I nocliped my self to make sure there’s no problem’s
While I was nocliped. I went on the controll point and it teleported in side a wall