• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

MrTang0Down

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Keep getting told that my version of the map differs from the servers etc, uninstalled, etc etc still not working. Any where to download all skial DR maps please?

MrTang0Down

Scarcely Lethal Noob
everytime i try to drag and drop the map from the winrar folder to the maps folder, i get an error in transfer and it says the file is corrupt?

MrTang0Down

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Hm, ignore what i said up above, i put the map in the map folder, but when i try join it still says the map version differs, hmm im stuck

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Hm, ignore what i said up above, i put the map in the map folder, but when i try join it still says the map version differs, hmm im stuck

Are you putting it in the wrong maps folder? I know there's two different maps folders, one where official maps go and a different one for custom maps

Try this:
Steam > steamapps > common > Team Fortress 2 > tf > download > maps

If you have the old map in that folder try getting rid of it to be safe and then put the new one in

Gamer4605

Banned
You can also just delete the map and go back to the server to install the new version. (Or old one if it hasn’t been updated and you have the updated one, which seems to cause this issue.)

Ijikaru

Gore-Spattered Heavy
As Gamer said this is an old bug you have to delete the old version of the map and just join the server then it will download the new one and you should be fine

MrTang0Down

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Thanks guys, for some maps a delete and redownload by the server works, for others a replacement of the map via the fastdl works, and weirdly for some, i must put the downloaded map in the folder, then delete it and then have the server redownload it for me. Thanks for all the help