Reporter

Administrator
A message to valve and the community.
I have sunk thousands into this game. Hours and dollars. I have given, I have bought, and I have played. I have never received. My first and last hat drop was a Whiskered Gentleman in 2010 when I bought the game for a second time. My last contract before I hit gold in Gun Mettle, which was Sniper, my LEAST favorite class to play as, was a case, and I never got a skin past a Shot in the Dark sniper rifle in terms of rarity, and only got well worn or battle scarred skins, I have only unboxed one unusual and got scammed off of it, I bought a strange Pro festive lightning rod, FN, for 30 dollars, only to find out it may have been under half that amount, I have done so many achievements that didn't unlock (it took me years to get the Medic Achievement for ubercharging two patients at the same time, DESPITE doing it correctly), and worst of all, I bought this game full price TWICE because my old steam account had an email address that was defunct. Valve never gave back to me, the customers, the people who bought the game, the people who buy shit every day, the people who play the game every day, the people who stream it every day, if there even are people who stream this game, and on top of all this, the game just wasn't the same after 2012.

I always hated new weapons coming in because no one would play the objective, they'd just dick around with the new weapons. There would be servers filling up with the class that got new weapons. Pyro Mania literally was that, no one played anything but Pyro, even though they only got one new weapon. The weapons that get released that are not at all powerful get nerfed after nearly a year of not being touched (Cleaner's Carbine was unfortunately and unjustifiably nerfed) while other things get buffed (Reserve Shooter of all things got a buff a month after Cleaner's Carbine got nerfed.) It took Valve 5 years for a fix for the gunslinger, hell, it took them 4 years to nerf the goddamn thing, and then they also nerf the wrangler because everyone was complaining about this (Side note: barely anyone complained about wranglers)

Then they nerf some weapons and give them stats they don't need or stats that make them worse (Loch N Load does more damage on buildings? Was this ever a problem for demo?) Then there's weapons that have been overpowered for years, and they get BUFFED. Then there are weapons that have been untouched for years, and despite valve saying "we try to make all weapons and items have a balanced equip rate", The Razorback is still the least equipped and useful sniper secondary. The Dead Ringer is still stupidly good and is over equipped. No one even uses banners anymore.

But then the worst part. Optimization and performance.

I have a 500 command line long config on a computer that is able to run Payday 2 at near max settings at 1080p. TF2 can barely get out more than 25 frames if I even nudge AA to x2. TF2 is also well known for its evocative expressions. Too bad you can't know that if you have the game at lowest settings and have every single feature of their body turned off, only to get a constant <45 FPS on fucking Turbine. Every update seems to break optimization more and more. People can say it's hats all they want, but no, it's more than hats. It's all the shit that Valve stuffs TF2 with, all the bloat. They put in all these things that people will ever gloss over or not use, and it runs in the background and eats up their processing power. TF2 has used up more of my internet and my processing after the new MyM update thanks to the game coordinator.

Oh yeah, and the most recent thing that's happened. Servers shutting down. Communities shutting down. Communities disbanding. Sites shutting down. All because of quickplay being rid of. People who are saying that Quickplay was not good are lying to themselves. I have witnessed SEVEN SERVER SHUT DOWNS, places that even I WENT TO NEARLY EVERY DAY, because of quickplay being gone. Golden Machine Gun, APP, and even my friends at skial who work as moderators have been saying they gotta cut servers because they're losing money, revenue, and players thanks to no quickplay.

I also made rants about how the comic should have ended two years ago and hasn't updated in almost 11 months and they have never EVER given any official responses other than twitter posts saying things like "oh we're busy with this and that" and that's it. Nothing else. Except for of course the usual "hahah we don't know what bi monthly meanssss!! XDDD"

Valve cannot fix this game. The community cannot fix this game. -Valve also can't rely on the community to make your content. If Payday 2 can have 7posts on their top that tell their developers to "Go fuck themselves" then TF2's subreddit should too. Too many people have hated this update. Top players hate this update. Top content creators fucking left and are working on either other games or their own projects. TF2 players have moved to their competition, Overwatch.

Fuck you Valve. You fucked up the game and community for the last time. Because right now it seems like you have no community anymore because of lack luster updates about milking our wallets for a 6 dollar pass to get shitty skins made by a first grader or "give us more money" cases. You outsourced an entire update to the community because you were so busy with future updates (a total of two that have been released) and yet you still had to suck more money out of us. This game is dead to me and I honestly hope it dies before Halloween. That'd be a great halloween update, except unlike a zombie, it'd stay dead.

Author: creeper23782

https://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/4unv6t/a_message_to_valve_and_the_community/
http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/4unv6t/a_message_to_valve_and_the_community/?ref=search_posts