the beet

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Alright, so I've never really played FF2 on Skial, but I've heard alot of complains about the Spyro boss here, so I'd think it would be cool to have a boss limit.

For underpowered bosses, the limit would be 4 of the same boss.

For balanced bosses, the limit would be 3 of the same boss.

For overpowered bosses, the limit would be 2 of the same boss.

The ff2 in another community that I often play on has it, and that makes the game just a bit more balanced. But for Skial's case I think this would make it about 70% more balanced. What do you think?

And of course you can make some exceptions too.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
I don't really understand this suggestion, since there is only 1 boss at any given time fighting against the rest of the server.

Tyknighter

Positively Inhumane Poster
I know there is a feature where you can place bosses in certain boss packs and have a balanced system.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
here's some ideas for boss selection limits:

maybe implement a thing where the previous 3 bosses cannot be selected (essentially forces a small boss rotation)

or prevent X boss from being selected for Y rounds if he wins too quickly, with Y being determined by how short the round was

Reactions: Blade D_Hero

the beet

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Nice idea kin, maybe that will stop people from spamming OP bosses way too often.

Bottiger

Administrator
I think it would be better to just balance the bosses.

I have lowered Vader's hp and rage damage. Given Cave Johnson a shovel. And Spyro has already been nerfed.

I don't see how packs would help in any way. People will get mad if they don't get to play the boss they want because the limit was hit, or if there was no boss picking allowed.