ProbeX

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Ok then with you Socket type you are limited to Dual cores and I personally don't know of any quad core supporting Laptop mother boards. I know they exist but I don't know what they are. you have to look at special things since you have a Laptop not any old desktop based object will fit in your laptop.

Morbuzka

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Shit. Well.... Then how do I get all the stuff on this harddrive to another computer, if I were to buy a desktop?

ProbeX

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Do me a favor take a screenshot of this and upload it to http://whoistheroman.com you can take screen shots using the print screen function on your keyboard. and then open paint, then press Ctrl+v

5otME.png

Shit. Well.... Then how do I get all the stuff on this harddrive to another computer, if I were to buy a desktop?
You could try putting all of the information on a external hard drive and then moving it to the new one.

Steak

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
if you want to be at a comfortable level i would recommend going upto about 8GB but then again i have 24 do im not the person to talk about over kill

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
Ive never done it before, but I believe there are special connectors you can buy so you can basically just plug that hard drive into the pc. You could also do a network transfer with the two.

ProbeX

Australian Skial God
Contributor
if you want to be at a comfortable level i would recommend going upto about 8GB but then again i have 24 do im not the person to talk about over kill
Oh you, if you read the thread then you know he's using a Laptop thats very limited in upgrade power, also I have 4 GB's and only 3 of it's being used :P and I do just fine :D I'll prove it later.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
If the frequency of his CPU is what I think it is, he can have up to a phenom X4 3.2GHZ
Athlon X2 ran on AM2. All new AMD chips run on AM3. That includes the phenom x4.

EDIT: Also...just realized this was a laptop. You might have some trouble swapping out a CPU in a laptop and good luck getting a discrete graphics chip.

Steak

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
OT: pants were your ears burning? if so i was just talking about you to oaky

Morbuzka

This is all bull baloney. I'm just gonna sell this laptop and buy a better one. Someone recommend a really good laptop for under $500

ProbeX

Australian Skial God
Contributor
This is all bull baloney. I'm just gonna sell this laptop and buy a better one. Someone recommend a really good laptop for under $500

You would more then likely buy one with integrated graphics, which is terrible for gaming, I recommend that you either buy a new graphics card for your laptop, I don't know how installations goes though, or save up your moneys for a decent desktop.

Morbuzka

Goddammit, I don't like big ass, 52 pound, bulky desktops. But what the fuck. Give me a good desktop for under $600. I want to be able to buy it in half a year.

Steak

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
You would more then likely buy one with integrated graphics, which is terrible for gaming, I recommend that you either buy a new graphics card for your laptop, I don't know how installations goes though, or save up your moneys for a decent desktop.
lol install a new video card in a laptop your funny probex