Problem solved. 32bit vs 64bit

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Morbuzka, Aug 14, 2012.

1. =ECC=probex57

=ECC=probex57 Gaben's Own Aimbot Contributor

Steam:

Ok then with you Socket type you are limited to Dual cores and I personally don't know of any quad core supporting Laptop mother boards. I know they exist but I don't know what they are. you have to look at special things since you have a Laptop not any old desktop based object will fit in your laptop.

2. Morbuzka

Morbuzka Face-Melting F2Per

Steam:

Fuck

3. Morbuzka

Steam:

Shit. Well.... Then how do I get all the stuff on this harddrive to another computer, if I were to buy a desktop?

4. =ECC=probex57

Steam:

Do me a favor take a screenshot of this and upload it to http://whoistheroman.com you can take screen shots using the print screen function on your keyboard. and then open paint, then press Ctrl+v

[​IMG]
    You could try putting all of the information on a external hard drive and then moving it to the new one.

5. Steak

Steak Epic Skial Regular Contributor

Steam:

if you want to be at a comfortable level i would recommend going upto about 8GB but then again i have 24 do im not the person to talk about over kill

6. hXcjedders

hXcjedders Gaben's Own Aimbot

Ive never done it before, but I believe there are special connectors you can buy so you can basically just plug that hard drive into the pc. You could also do a network transfer with the two.

7. =ECC=probex57

Steam:

Oh you, if you read the thread then you know he's using a Laptop thats very limited in upgrade power, also I have 4 GB's and only 3 of it's being used :P and I do just fine :D I'll prove it later.

8. Morbuzka

Steam:

[​IMG]

9. mohawkg2

mohawkg2 Gaben's Own Aimbot Contributor

Steam:

usb lol

10. takethepants

takethepants Gaben's Own Aimbot Contributor

Steam:

Athlon X2 ran on AM2. All new AMD chips run on AM3. That includes the phenom x4.

EDIT: Also...just realized this was a laptop. You might have some trouble swapping out a CPU in a laptop and good luck getting a discrete graphics chip.

11. =ECC=probex57

Steam:

Well there's not much that can be done, you could look into getting a new Graphics card, thats the main factor holding you back. You have to get a Laptop specific one though.
    I know I discovered this when I found out he's using a laptop.

12. Steak

Steam:

OT: pants were your ears burning? if so i was just talking about you to oaky

13. takethepants

takethepants Gaben's Own Aimbot Contributor

Steam:

What?

EDIT: Also, I didn't refresh this thread in the while so I didn't see all the responses before I posted mine.

14. Morbuzka

Steam:

This is all bull baloney. I'm just gonna sell this laptop and buy a better one. Someone recommend a really good laptop for under $500

15. =ECC=probex57

Steam:

You would more then likely buy one with integrated graphics, which is terrible for gaming, I recommend that you either buy a new graphics card for your laptop, I don't know how installations goes though, or save up your moneys for a decent desktop.

16. Morbuzka

Steam:

Goddammit, I don't like big ass, 52 pound, bulky desktops. But what the fuck. Give me a good desktop for under $600. I want to be able to buy it in half a year.

17. Steak

Steam:

lol install a new video card in a laptop your funny probex

18. Nothing_Much

Nothing_Much Banned Contributor

Steam:

I reccomend either a Dell or an Asus. Preferably Asus.

19. PsychoRealm

PsychoRealm Australian Skial God Contributor

Steam:

20. Morbuzka

Steam:

Thanks alot, guys : D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice