• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Boldat

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Is it possible for us to change a 24 slot server to 32 slot (easily)? Could we do this vice versa?

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
For every slot over 24 players the quickplay value of a server is lowered, so I would imagine it's only done with servers popular enough to still fill with a lowered quickplay value.

I'm not entirely sure that's how he decides if a server is 24 player or 32 player though, as I don't believe the quickplay value is a number you can actually see.

It's rumored the quickplay scores only matter to a threshold, once you pass a certain score one server is not preferred over another.

Boldat

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
There are a couple of 24 slot servers that, gameplay wise, could support 32 slots, and are often full. For example, ALL of the US Badwater servers, Mountainlab, and 5Gorge.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
5gorge and the US mountain labs servers wouldnt fill at all if they were 32 player.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Bottiger watches the server populations well, so I'm sure if he feels that a server should be upgraded to 32 slots it would be.

I guess another factor would be server utilization, does the server have enough resources left over to add more slots.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Bottiger watches the server populations well, so I'm sure if he feels that a server should be upgraded to 32 slots it would be.

I guess another factor would be server utilization, does the server have enough resources left over to add more slots.
there never would be a good enough reason to upgrade a server to 32 slots unless people bitch about it

Bottiger

Administrator
All our servers used to be 32 slots but when quickplay came around, the 24 slot servers had an advantage and many of them emptied out due to unfair competition.

I have no idea which servers, if any, would do well again with 32 slots.

Ninja_DC

Face-Melting F2Per
Not really a fan of 32player servers unless it's US21 Dustbowl for all the regulars being there.

butterfingersman

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
I don't know if it would kill the server, but USW4 is often full. Would USW4 benefit in a change to 32 slot?